Where should your clients go in 2017? What’s new and noteworthy? Goway’s destination experts have weighed in with their list of the top seven “hottest, most and up and coming” destinations for 2017.
- Colombia. The only South American country to border both the Caribbean and the Pacific, Colombia has left its troubled past behind and is fast becoming the continent’s most talked about destination. It’s not hard to see why. Colombia is close (just five hours from Toronto to Cartagena), safe, affordable and offers travellers beaches on the Caribbean coast, ancient cities and a vibrant culture still relatively unknown to North Americans. Goway’s most popular trip is the Best of Colombia.
- Australia. Last year, Goway introduced its “Live Like a Local” travel concept, with itineraries in Australia’s Gold Coast, Central Coast, Sunshine Coast, Port Douglas and Cairns (plus New Zealand and The Cook Islands). This unique style of vacation lets travellers experience places where the locals go on vacation, experiencing Downunder the local way for a minimum of two weeks in a fully self-contained apartment.
- Iceland. One of Europe’s hottest emerging stars, Iceland is easily accessible with affordable airfares out of many North American gateways with Iceland Air and WOW Air. Travellers can experience rugged mountain scenery, black-sand beaches and some of the world’s most impressive waterfalls. It’s the perfect place for a long weekend away in Reykjavik, or for a longer trip filled with hiking, unique sights including the Northern Lights, or just enjoying the Icelandic lifestyle and their fames thermal baths. Travellers are advised to book early as space fills up fast.
- Kenya. Travellers are flocking to Kenya after a two-year lull. Why is Kenya a perennial favourite? There are many reasons, from the welcoming locals to exceptional game viewing, including the greatest show on earth, the migration. It’s ideal for a first-time safari, but also sees its share of repeat visitors, as there is so much to see. Right now, there are many never to be repeated offers on Kenya, including Goway’s Jambo Kenya Safari Sale.
- Northern Thailand. Thailand is famous for amazing beaches and vibrant Bangkok, but Northern Thailand is the “it” spot for 2017. The cultural heart of Thailand, here’s where travellers can trek to see beautiful remote villages and hill tribes, take an authentic cooking class and visit fascinating Buddhist temples. A particularly unique way to experience this region is on a Mekong Cruise from Chang Rai into Laos, or on Goway’s nine-day private tour, the Ancient Kingdoms of Siam.
- The Islands of Tahiti. In 2017, the islands that became the byword for paradise will celebrate the 50th anniversary of the over-water bungalow. Travellers can expect to see some hot deals from Goway. 2017 will also see the official opening of the Conrad Bora Bora, the destination’s only resort offering double storey presidential suites. There is an opening special with a 40% saving valued at $1,800 per couple on bookings made between Jan. 25 and May 31.
- Italy. Italy has always been a traveller’s favourite, with exotic coastal scenery, colourful mountain ranges, ancient cities, modern metropolises and amazing food and wine. Traditionally, Tuscany has been an extremely popular area, and that trend continues, but the Amalfi coast was also one of Goway’s most requested destinations last summer. Passengers who don’t book early risk missing out on some of the most beautiful scenery and experiences to be had enjoying the lifestyle of the enchanting south.
Goway’s new range of 2017 brochures can be ordered online at http://www.Goway.com.