ACTA has announced its new board of directors for 2022-2023.
Wendy Paradis, ACTA president, said: “The new board is currently rolling up its sleeves to develop ACTA’s two-year strategic plan to enable the trade association to best serve Canada’s travel agencies, travel agency employees and independent travel agents.”
And Paradis added: “We also want to collaborate with industry partners to positively shape the future of Canada’s travel industry in this time of renewal.”
All ACTA members can apply to stand for election to the board.
ACTA’s new two-year strategic plan will be finalized during the summer and details will then be released.
The new board includes:
- Mary Jane Hiebert CTC – Board Chair, Owner, Oyster Travel — Representing Region: Manitoba & Nunavut
- Liz Fleming – Board Vice Chair, General Manager, North South Travel — Representing Region: British Columbia & Yukon Territory
- Louise Gardiner CTM – Board Treasurer, Vice President, the Agency Solution – by the Travel Agent Next Door
- Brian Robertson – Board Secretary, President, Canada West, Direct Travel
- Peter Keyter — Director and General Counsel, South Travel — Representing Region: Alberta & North West Territories
- Karen Schabel CTM — Training and Development Coordinator, CAA — Representing Region: Saskatchewan
- Michael Foster — President, Nexion Canada — Representing Region: Ontario
- Geneviève Dupuy-Duplessis — Vice President and General Manager, Voyages Dumouline — Representing Region: Quebec
- Gary Gaudry — President, Maritime Travel — Representing Region: Atlantic Canada
- Richard Vanderlubbe — President, Tripcentral.ca
- Patrick Doyle — Vice President & General Manager, American Express Global Business Travel
- Monica Johnstone — President, Uniglobe Travel Innovations
In the photo
The new ACTA board of directors, from l to r, includes: Patrick Doyle, Louise Gardiner CTM, Geneviève Dupuy-Duplessis, Mary Jane Hiebert CTC, Liz Fleming. Back row L to R: Peter Keyter, Monica Johnstone CTC, Gary Gaudry, Mike Foster, Brian Robertson
Not in the photo are: Karen Schabel CTM and Richard Vanderlubbe