American Express Global Business Travel (GBT) has unveiled new features in its proprietary reporting and online booking solutions to help companies get back on the road.
The enhancements will use information from post-trip traveller surveys, Travel Vitals, and GBT’s own set of travel data to help increase confidence in travel.
Mark McSpadden, VP of Product Strategy at GBT observed: “Business trips are less predictable than before the pandemic. To best adapt their programs, travel managers are looking for new ways to get real insights into the traveler experience and deliver up-to-date COVID-related information to travellers at every point in the journey. We’re expanding on our omni-channel and contextualized solutions to meet those needs.”
For travel managers, GBT is offering new insights taken directly from its travellers’ experiences to help them make informed decisions and reassure employees as they start travelling again.
- Post-trip traveller surveys collect information directly from travellers on an opt-in basis to create an analysis of flight and hotel experiences. Travel managers can evaluate suppliers for appropriate safety and health standards and make changes in policies relating to preferred suppliers if travellers’ expectations are not being met.
- The Live Travel Dashboard is a new report in GBT’s Premier Insights™. It uses anonymized data on GBT customers’ destinations to provide an at-a-glance visual summary of where organizations are sending travellers. It can create regional, country or city level views.
- Travel managers will be able to see which destinations are open for business travel and update their travel policies and pre-trip approval processes accordingly. This can also help instil confidence in travellers as they get back on the road.
It has also expanded the ways it brings timely trip-specific information to travellers. For travel managers, this provides an easy and efficient way to keep up with the rapidly evolving landscape of COVID restrictions and requirements.
- Neo, GBT’s online booking and expense management solution, now automatically surfaces itinerary-specific COVID guidelines at the time of booking. Travellers will be able to easily see the latest information from Travel Vitals on restrictions and health risks to make educated booking decisions, without having to navigate outside of the booking tool.
- As their journey progresses, GBT travellers can receive proactive notifications with information relevant to each stage of their trip. This includes alerts such as a 48-hour reminder on what COVID testing or vaccine status is required before the departure, or what is needed before returning.
- Travellers automatically receive alerts by email and have access through their preferred online channel whether it is the Amex GBT Mobile App, or the desktop GBT Account platform.
- Over the phone or via any of the GBT chat channels, GBT travel counsellors can also guide travellers through relevant COVID information sourced from Travel Vitals.