Princess Cruises has launched “The Come Back New Promise,” a US$450 million multi-year product innovation and cruise ship renovation campaign that will continue to enhance the line’s onboard guest experience.
“The Come Back New Promise differentiates our approach to cruising and offers our guests enriching vacation experiences by connecting them with each other, nature and different cultures in a new way,” said Princess president Jan Swartz. “Our promise is to provide guests transformative moments designed to inspire them to discover the world and themselves, ultimately allowing us to declare that a cruise isn’t good enough unless you ‘come back new.’”
The campaign demonstrates a commitment by Princess Cruises to exceed guest expectations while continuously improving upon and delivering a high value cruise vacation experience.
Recently, Princess introduced new initiatives inspired to deliver The Come Back New Promise which further elevate the line’s wellness, culinary/dining experiences and expands the partnership with Discovery Communications. They include:
- Chef Curtis Stone. A partnership with award-winning chef, New York Times best-selling author and restaurateur Curtis Stone brings guests fresh, new culinary creations. All Princess ships will feature “Crafted by Curtis” menu items in the main dining room, while on select ships guests will enjoy “SHARE,” a new specialty restaurant which will include a new Chef’s Table experience designed by Stone.
- The Princess Luxury Bed. Featuring a new specially designed bed to deliver the ultimate night of sleep at sea, the Princess Luxury Bed was developed in collaboration with experts in both the science and beauty of sleep – Dr. Michael Breus, “The Sleep Doctor,” and highly acclaimed designer, Candice Olson, star of the hit HGTV shows “Candice Tells All” and “Divine Design.” Princess is installing more than 44,000 new beds, to every stateroom, across the fleet through 2018.
- The Salty Dog Gastropub. Another new dining option which highlights a variety of small bites inspired by pub favourites, adapted for an upscale culinary experience. Developed in collaboration with Ernesto Uchimura, a founding chef of the original Umami Burger, guests will also enjoy a variety of beer, whiskey and cocktail selections. Currently available on select ships.
- Style at Sea with TLC . What to pack, what to wear and how to look stylish are just a few of the many questions guests ask when preparing for a cruise vacation. With the help of TLC’s fashion expert Stacy London, Style at Sea with TLC will provide tips and tricks to help guests feel and look their best while aboard a cruise.
Previously, Princess unveiled these initiatives which became the inspiration for The Come Back New Promise campaign, providing guests new culinary, enrichment and entertainment experiences, including:
- Chocolate Journeys. An immersive chocolate experience designed by Master Chocolatier Norman Love, exclusive to Princess, was launched offering delectable desserts, wine and chocolate pairings and specialty chocolate cocktails.
- Discovery at Sea. A partnership with Discovery Communications, which brings new, innovative activities and shore excursions to the Princess-guest experience through hit shows like Deadliest Catch and Shark Week.
- New Original Musical Productions. Magic to Do, the first of four musical production shows created in collaboration with Stephen Schwartz, award-winning composer and songwriter of Wicked, Godspell and Pippin, combines exhilarating magic with some of Schwartz’s most famous songs. Plus, the show features a new song written exclusively for Princess. Magic to Do debuted to critical acclaim and is currently running aboard Crown Princess, Emerald Princess and Ruby Princess.
- Festivals of the World. Around the world, in every season, festivals bring people together to celebrate the uniqueness of a culture and its heritage often in the most colourful ways. Princess hosts festivals onboard that originate from nearly every corner of the globe. From Mardi Gras to Rio Carnival, guests enjoy parties, enriching activities, lively musical performances, festival-related movies and specialty shopping.
- Craft Beer Series. Through partnerships with regional breweries that specialize in local flavour, Princess started the series with an award-winning West Coast IPA from Strike Brewing Company in San Jose, followed it with a special 50th Anniversary blend and have since added the Alaska Denali Red Ale, East Coast Blonde Lager and the Australian Gold Ale.
- Princess@Sea Messenger. Guests have the opportunity to be connected with their fellow cruisers using mobile messenger, an instant message feature offering an easy way to make plans, confirm a meeting location while onboard the ship.
More announcements about ship renovations, entertainment and accommodations, in association with The Come Back New Promise campaign, are on the horizon.
Pictured, Stein Kruse (l), CEO Princess Cruises, and Swartz (r) are joined by partners Chef Curtis Stone, Designer Candice Olson, Sleep Expert Dr. Michael Breus and Chef Ernesto Uchimura.