Alicia Kielek pled guilty and was convicted of five counts of operating as a travel agent without registration, contrary to section 4(1)(a) of the Travel Industry Act, 2002 (the Act).
Kielek operated in Toronto.
The Court ordered the following sentence on January 19, 2018:
- !!! 200 hours of community service to be completed within 2 years.
- !!! Restitution totaling $13,904.96.
- !!! 2 (two) years of probation requiring Ms. Kielek to report to a probation officer as so directed by her assigned probation office and to notify that probation office of any changes to her address.
In addition, Kielek is required to:
- Prior to accepting a job in the travel industry, inform her prospective employer, in writing, of her conviction under the Travel Industry Act, 2002.
- Prior to accepting a job in the travel industry, inform the Registrar, Travel Industry Act, 2002, in writing, of the position being offered, the name of the travel agent and the term of employment and shall provide proof of having informed the prospective employer of her conviction under the Travel Industry Act, 2002.
Kielek paid $7,599.15 in restitution payments prior to being sentenced by the court.
Go to http://www.tico.ca .