Globus Family Of Brands Just Keeps Rowing Along
What began nearly a century ago as a rowboat ride across Switzerland’s Lake Lugano has rippled into a robust portfolio of independent, touring and cruising vacations across 70 countries.
Since 1928, the Globus family of brands has introduced wayfarers and wanderers to a world of wonder, making waves across the travel industry along the way.
Scott Nisbet, president and chief executive officer for the Globus family of brands, observed that: “On his rowboat on Lake Lugano, Antonio Mantegazza had a dream to show travelers the world. And in 1928, when he launched Globus, he did that – and so much more. From creating the world’s first European touring vacations and unveiling value tours for cost-conscious travellers to designing Suite Ships that changed the tide in river cruising, the Globus family of brands has a 95-year history of creating life-enhancing journeys across the globe. As we look back on our history, we’re celebrating this very real, very ‘today’ current of change.”
Throughout Globus’ history, the company has been a difference-making leader. Here are just a few of the travel industry-wide changes the company initiated in touring.
- The first to create “modern” European Touring vacations.
- The first to unveil Panorama Touring itineraries: Vacation packages highlighting multiple countries.
- The first to develop Circular Touring: Touring vacations that start and end from the same gateway, creating cost-savings for travelers.
- The first to create value-focused touring vacations, in the form of a new brand – Cosmos!
- The first to develop Regional Touring vacations, providing an immersive experience in the same country.
- The first to inspire LeisureStyle Tours: Slower-paced itineraries with more time spent in each location for in-depth experiences.
- The first to name and unveil Local Favorites: Opportunities to travelers to experience the sites and activities the locals love, in addition to seeing the “must-see” landmarks.
- The first to engineer Undiscovered tour itineraries, featuring off-the-beaten-path destinations.
- The first to build Choice Tours, inviting tour travelers to spend their days, their way with more than a dozen, included excursions – including Choices allowing them more freedom, more flexibility and the opportunity to personalize their touring vacation.
While inspiring travel innovations on the roads and rails of the world with Globus and Cosmos, the company also made significant ripples on the globe’s rivers with the launch of Avalon Waterways in 2004. Since then, Avalon has elevated the cruising experience with a plethora of industry transformations, including:
- Designing award-winning Suite Ships, featuring two full decks of 200-square-foot Panorama Suites.
- Developing Open-Air Balconies, available in every Panorama Suite, featuring wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling windows that open 11-feet wide – wider than any other balconies in the industry – to invite the outside-in, without sacrificing room space.
- Doubling-down on views with beds facing the views for which river cruising is famous in 80 percent of all staterooms, fleetwide.
- Creating Active & Discovery itineraries on every major waterway in Europe, providing “whim-powered” cruising for Avalon guests.
- Launching a Storyteller Series of cruises, hosted by celebrity authors, actors, artists and musicians, providing guests the perfect intertwining of facts, fiction and fun.
- Enhancing Avalon Choice – featuring “Classic,” “Discovery” and “Active” options on every river cruise itinerary throughout Europe.
- Promoting Avalon Fresh – helping travelers guiltlessly indulge in creative, healthy dishes with surprising flavors and a dash of innovation.
- Spearheading FlexDining – inviting guests to choose where – and when – they’d like to eat.
- Unveiling Avalon Adventure Hosts – available on every Suite Ship in Europe, these hosts are helping travelers explore wellness options, onboard and in destinations across Europe.
In addition, on all vacations, the Globus family of brands provides guests access to GO Apps (AvalonGO, GlobusGO, CosmosGO) providing them with daily itinerary insights, GPS-enabled maps, stories behind the sites (all without using internet data) to enhance their vacation.
Focused on creating a better tomorrow, in 2021, the company also unveiled the Lighthouse Project: An illuminating initiative created to help travelers come together to reduce our footprint and give generously for the globe’s greater good.
To toast 95 years of travel innovation, the Globus family of brands is offering $95 OFF select Globus tours that are booked between now and April 24, 2023.
For more, agents should go to www.agentlingo.ca.