Grenada Launches Travel Expert Program
The Grenada Tourism Authority (GTA) has launched its new travel agent specialist program — an e-learning program that allows the travel agent community to acquire the knowledge necessary to become an expert in selling the destination.
With interest in international travel continues to make its comeback, the GTA recognizes the importance of the travel advisor’s role in meeting this demand and thus developed the program to aid them in sharing the destination’s allure with their clients.
Agents will also be kept up to date on new developments such as updates to Grenada’s Pure Safe Travel protocols, new hotels and attractions as well as airlift updates.
And agents electing to participate in the Grenada Travel Expert Program will learn about the destination’s topography, its 40 white sand beaches, 15 waterfalls, 30 dives sites and more.
To incentivize agents, the GTA will be offering a myriad of benefits including:
- Personalized Grenada Travel Expert Certificate of Completion upon graduation
- Continuing Education Units (CEU) from the Travel Institute or Association of Canadian Travel Agencies
- Monthly Cash Rewards to the top three agents recording the most room nights
- Quarterly Cash Reward to the top booking travel agency
- Booking Tier Member Recognition Benefits (Gold, Platinum and Diamond)
- Annual Grand Prize to the travel agent recording the most room nights in a calendar year (agent receives an all-Inclusive vacation for two including airfare, accommodation, meals, and transfers)
- Top 20 agents invited to an Annual VIP Fam Trip for presentation and award ceremony
- Access to exclusive promotional materials such as Grenada Travel Expert recognition logos
Christine Noel-Horsford, director of sales, USA, Grenada Tourism Authority, said: “At the heart of the Grenada Travel Expert Program are the tools for travel agents to convincingly sell Grenada to their clients.”
Noel-Horsford continued: “Our goal is to utilize this platform to build a solid core of agents, keeping them engaged and well informed with current news and product updates. This intimate knowledge about Grenada will ensure agents are planning curated trips for their clients. The aim of this program is to increase bookings to the destination and our incentive programs will further push agents to aggressively make that happen.”
To become a Grenada travel expert, go to https://expert.puregrenada.com .
Grenada Market Square. Photos courtesy/ Grenada Tourism Authority