Royal Caribbean’s Oasis of the Seas has emerged from a 14-day drydock with a new look, including re-imagined dining, high-speed Internet, new retail offerings, a new Broadway show, new suites with exclusive suite dining and lounge.
Sister ship Allure of the Seas will follow suit in May 2015 with nearly identical enhancements.
A key element of any vacation, dining provides vacation-goers with the opportunity to experience new flavours and indulge in old favourites. Royal Caribbean’s Dynamic Dining allows guests to tempt their taste buds with more choice and flexibility than ever before by offering guests a landscape of 20 restaurants, as vast and varied as dining in the world’s most cosmopolitan cities.
Royal Caribbean has recreated the original Oasis-class three-storey main dining room into three distinct complimentary venues introducing bold new concepts each with their own cuisine and ambiance:
- American Icon Grill offers guests a take on the classic American road trip pulling together best-loved regional favourites into one comfort-style menu;
- Silk is a vibrant and exotic destination where the spices of the Far East bring new flavour to adventurous palates through a Pan-Asian menu;
- The Grande, where every night is formal night, offers an elegant ambiance and refined cuisine.
Guests will enjoy menus of the new concepts beginning March 14, 2015, onboard Oasis of the Seas. Guests sailing Oasis of the Seas prior to March 14, will enjoy the traditional dining room experience in the newly designed spaces.
As part of Dynamic Dining guests will have full control of their own epicurean journey with a tantalizing selection of specialty restaurants, including four new unique concepts:
- Izumi Hibachi & Sushi, a reimagined Izumi Japanese Cuisine offering a full teppanyaki menu as well as fresh and flavorful sushi rolls and sashimi;
- Sabor Taqueria & Tequila Bar, first introduced aboard Navigator of the Seas to rave reviews, will feature a mouthwatering menu of authentic, modern and unexpected Mexican dishes including hand-made tableside guacamole. These dishes can be complemented by a curated beverage menu of tequilas, mezcal, and Mexican beers, as well as delicious sangrias and tableside-mixed margaritas;
- Wonderland Imaginative Cuisine, a unique culinary adventure for the senses where Royal Caribbean chefs twist their culinary kaleidoscopes in a whimsical setting that challenges the imagination with never-before-seen fare;
- Coastal Kitchen is an exclusive restaurant for suite guests and Pinnacle members that fuses Mediterranean influences with the unmatched riches of California’s bountiful farmlands and features. The experience is complemented by a robust wine list, curated specifically for the venue.
Finally, guests will continue to enjoy Giovanni’s Table, 150 Central Park and Vintage Wine Bar, the hugely successful specialty dining concepts introduced on the Oasis-class in 2009.
On the technology side, Boatloads of Bandwidth, a new partnership with O3b, will offer guests onboard Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas connectivity that matches fast broadband connections onshore; and Royal iQ is a new app that puts guests in charge of their vacation choices, such as making dining reservations, shore excursions and spa appointments onboard.
Royal Caribbean is introducing 10 new suites on Oasis-class ships, offering views of the ocean or the ships’ signature AquaTheater and Boardwalk neighbourhood and includes, two Royal Suites, six Grand Suites and two Royal Family Suites, which can accommodate up to six guests.
Beginning June 2015, Allure of the Seas will feature MAMMA MIA!, the smash hit musical based on the story-telling magic of ABBA’s timeless songs.