The Islands of Tahiti is making its commitment to the protection of travellers and its local population clear with the launch of a new Safety Ambassador Program. The new program reinforces the health measures in place for the tourism industry of the islands and further promotes the innovative entry and stay protocols which assure travellers they can feel confident in choosing The Islands of Tahiti for their next trip.
The Safety Ambassador Program encourages the tourism industry of The Islands of Tahiti to commit to several conditions, while continuing to respect the current health measures in place.
The tourism professionals of The Islands of Tahiti who have joined this new program have pledged to:
- Do everything possible to ensure staff in contact with visitors are vaccinated according to local regulation
- Allow staff to isolate if COVID-19 symptoms occur
- Have COVID-19 test kits readily available for customers and staff
- Require cruise passengers to be vaccinated and tested before boarding
- Reinforce sanitization protocols
- Wear a mask in close public spaces
- Practice social distancing
- Provide sanitization products for sale in shops of tourist accommodations
The Safety Ambassador Program is designed to minimize COVID-19 risks and enhance confidence for safe travel in The Islands of Tahiti.
The Islands of Tahiti on August, 2021, targeting various economic sectors, and specifically requiring any person carrying out a tourist activity in physical contact with customers to be vaccinated.