Some 350 attendees and more than 30 supplier partners gathered virtually last week as TPI hosted its mid-year event designed to help its members activate their businesses for future success.
The two-day, Get Active event featured presentations led by Nino Montagnese, vice president, Air Canada Vacations, Gary Murphy, co-owner & senior vice president, sales, AMAWaterways, Vicki Freed, senior vice president of sales, trade support and service, Royal Caribbean International, Rob McChlery, partner, senior associate, Investors Group, and keynote session delivered by Geraldine Ree.
As well, there were three Advisor Panel sessions that included:
- Advisor Efficiencies with Technology
- Leading forward with Groups
- Activate your Brand Story
TPI also wrapped the event up by announcing that its 2022 Conference will be and in-person event and will be held May 1 to May 5, 2022. The wrap-up also highlighted the ways that TPI has activated its offerings for its network over the past 15 months and the work it continues to do to keep its network engaged, including:
- Held Advisor commissions and Velocity levels for 2yrs
- Partnered with Morneau Shepell to introduce an Advisor Assistance Program free of charge for staff and our members to ensure they have access to a list of professionals with a focus on Mental Wellness
- Launched booking and customer information forms with Terms & Conditions program that is fully customizable for a variety of travel types
- Introduced a Self-Service portal allowing TPI advisor to easily charge service fees
- Developed the TPI@Home portal/Covid website
- Introduced partnership with Sandra McLemore of Travel & Marketing Media, which offers free monthly sessions exclusively to TPI advisors to enhance their marketing knowledge on ways to connect with their clients and work on their business
- Launched a company talk show and held over 160 episodes of the “Z&C Show” featuring 75 guests and many themed fun Friday events such as karaoke, scavenger hunts, trivia days, to name a few
- Began their first-ever Sustainability Travel Community with a mission to build awareness and make resources readily available to their advisors as part of their focus on the rebound to travel post-pandemic.
- Published an e-Book featuring three simple actions advisors can focus on to navigate out of the crisis found on TPI.ca
- Launched a TPI Cookbook
- Successfully held a TPI Virtual Conference with over 400 attendees in November, followed up with a Mid-Year Connection with 350 Attendees
- Held 25 Virtual consumer events, which allows their Advisors to connect with their clients to keep the dream of travel alive
- Conducted over 1500+ outbound calls to Advisors
- Raised over $2000 for Breast Cancer awareness during the TPI Walktober Challenge
- Raised over $1000 for Planeterra Trek
Zeina Gedeon, CEO TPI, said: “We have missed out on so much over the past 15 months but it’s time for all of us to take the lessons learned and apply them to focus forward and activate. The Head Office support Team is ensuring the needs of our existing and future advisors are considered with every program launched and decision made. We will continue to innovate and introduce new programs that are purposely built to drive business & efficiencies for our advisors.”
And Gedeon continued: “We’re thankful for all our Advisors and Partners that joined us this week virtually, but nothing replaces in person connection, TPI plans to conduct in person Fall Connections with our advisors across the country in October, but we’re really looking forward to one hell of a gathering at our conference in May 2022.”