If you were wondering what to expect at the ACTA’s Travel Industry Summit that takes place later this week (Sept. 30), here’s a handy list of keynote speakers and topics that are on the agenda:
Keynote Speakers & Topics
- Lucie Guillemette – Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer, Air Canada – Rebuilding Together
- Jonathan McCready – Executive Leadership Coach, 4D Coach – Carry on to Come Back Strong: What’s in your suitcase?
- Tammy Webster – Indigenous Education and Equity Consultant, Kitigan Zibi Algonquin First Nation – Canada’s National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
- Dahabo Ahmed-Omer – Executive Director, BlackNorth – Embracing Diversity and Inclusion in Canada’s Travel Industry
- Jennifer Hendry – Senior Research Associate, Conference Board of Canada – Canadian Insights & Travel Trends
- Ed Limon – Co-Founder & Creative Digital Media Director, Winged Whale Media— How to incorporate virtual reality through your sales tactics
- Dominique Tessier – Medical Director, The Travel Health Group – Restoring Confidence and Travelling Safely in the COVID-19 era!
- Indira Barthelemy – Consular Outreach Officer, and Megan Mustonen, Senior Strategist in Consular Advocacy, Global Affairs Canada – Travel Advisories and the Role of Global Affairs
- Amandine Gicquel – Manager Industry Relationships, Canada & Bermuda, International Air Transport Association (IATA) – The Airline Industry and the Demand for Travel
- Marie-Claude Du Cap – CEO, Aléas – Due Diligence: Explore new ways of marketing your agency to meet client needs
- Brett Walker – Chair of the Canadian Association of Tour Operators (CATO) and Nathalie Guay – General Director of ATOQ – Restarting and Rebuilding your Relationship with Tour Operators
Panels & Fireside Chats
The will also be a number of panel sessions at the Virtual Summit, including:
- Flemming Friisdahl, President and Founder at The Travel Agent Next Door, will lead a panel to discuss how to confidently and successfully apply service fees to your work. That your expertise, service, and commitment to your clients should not be free—and travel agents should charge a professional service fee!
- ACTA President, Wendy Paradis will facilitate a panel discussion with travel industry leaders to focus on anticipated trends and challenges that they should pay attention to– and what key opportunities and actions currently exist for rebuilding the industry to be better than ever.
- Join Keith Lane, Vice President of Sales, The Americas, Celebrity Cruises and Gary Murphy Senior VP Sales & Co-owner, AMA Waterways as they discuss the continued efforts towards a cruise recovery.
ACTA will also be presenting the ACTA Awards during the ACTA Virtual Leadership Summit. The ACTA awards will be held on day one, Sept. 30 and are part of an agenda that features a trade show and 2 days of relevant topics, insights and trends that impact your business today and will help you shape it for tomorrow.
And if you’re wondering about prizes, ACTA will be announcing prize winners at different times throughout the two- day agenda.
Travel agents must be in attendance to be eligible to win, and the more you participate during the summit, the better chance you have of winning.
Some of the prizes include:
- 5 prizes to be drawn offering 2 tickets on Air Canada for North America, including Hawaii
- 2 prizes to be drawn offering 2 tickets on Air Canada to Europe
- 2 prizes to be drawn offering 2 tickets on Air Canada, anywhere Air Canada flies
- 1 AMA Waterway River Cruise
For more, go to www.actaleadershipsummit.ca