Mexico’s Riviera Nayarit says COVID-19 will have travellers seeking not only sanitary destinations, but also those that offer exclusive experiences in the great outdoors where they’ll have plenty of social distancing and peace of mind. Riviera Nayarit offers says it offers just that and is prepared to welcome back travelers who are seeking that “intimate isolated getaway surrounded by beautiful, vast landscapes.”
Beyond its natural offerings, the Mexican destination recently debuted the Riviera Nayarit Wellness & Best Practices Guide, a cleanliness plan for prevention that includes enforcing masks and social distancing, increased frequency of cleaning all public/enclosed areas, and more. Also, Riviera Nayarit became one of the first destinations to earn the World Travel & Tourism Council’s (WTTC) Safe Travel Stamp, recognition that is granted to destinations and hotels around the world that have adopted globally standardized health and hygiene protocols.
Here are some hotels and activities in Riviera Nayarit that are “perfect for those seeking isolated travel experiences.”
- Conrad Punta de Mita: A tranquil retreat and architectural beauty of 325-rooms located in Litibu, a closed-gated community in the luxurious town of Punta de Mita. Guests staying at Conrad Punta de Mita, Hilton’s first Conrad-branded resort in Mexico, can look forward to personalized service and variety of experiences on-property, including tennis courts and Serene spa.
- One&Only Mandarina: Slated to open in late 2020, this will be a luxury resort. This collection of 104 free-standing villas and treehouses celebrates the natural beauty of Riviera Nayarit. Only guests staying at this resort have access to the ultra-luxurious Mandarina.
- Mar al Cielo: Tropical comfort, custom dining and tailored experiences are part of this private oceanfront retreat on 11 acres of beachfront jungle paradise, located in the picturesque beach town of Lo de Marcos. This private retreat for two was made for those seeking an enchanting vacation experience with an intimate interaction with nature.
What To Do:
- Golfing: Riviera Nayarit offers exclusive golfing vacations with stunning views of the Pacific Ocean as a backdrop. One of the most popular choices among golfers is the Litibu Golf Course, an 18-hole golf course crafted by Greg Norman. Located in front of the luxurious Conrad Punta de Mita, this golf course combines natural beauty with modern design, promising a challenging play for golfers at every skill level.
- Yoga: Riviera Nayarit offers a variety of options for yoga enthusiasts. Many hotels offer private yoga classes, including Sayulita’s eco-chic Haramara Retreat on a natural stone platform overlooking the ocean, nearby Mar de Jade in Chacala, which is an intimate secluded seaside retreat, and Playa las Tortugas, a guaranteed form of serenity.
- Islas Marietas’s Hidden Beach: A cluster of islands rich with wildlife, Islas Marietas is a federally protected nature reserve that is accessible only via approved tour companies. Tucked inside one of the Islas Marietas is the infamous Hidden or Lover’s Beach, one of Riviera Nayarit’s most exclusive attractions. Accessible only by private boat tours, social distancing is guaranteed as only 117 people per day are permitted to visit this one-of-a-kind oasis.