A Grandiosa Celebration
MSC Cruises will embark on its most comprehensive new ship launch ever. The events will commence in St Nazaire, France when it’s newest flagship officially comes into service on Oct. 31.
Achille Staiano, MSC Cruises VP Global Sales, commented: “The events for the launch of MSC Grandiosa have been carefully designed to enable an extensive program of activities, events and celebrations for the trade community, as well as other guests and stakeholders.”
Staiano continued, “Looking ahead, MSC Grandiosa will be one of the most environmentally-sound ships at sea. We will utilize our MSC Academy to educate our Travel Advisor partners around our environmental stewardship practices and other environmental initiatives, thus allowing them to understand the latest advancements in environmental technology and practices which will be invaluable information for them and their customers.”
MSC Grandiosa will remain in the Port of Hamburg from Nov. 6 to Nov. 10 with the Christening on the evening of Nov. 9.
MSC Grandiosa is equipped with two new technological innovations, including a selective catalytic reduction system which will decrease nitrogen oxide emissions by 90 percent and transform it into pure water and nitrogen.
The ship is also fitted with a state-of-the-art advanced wastewater treatment system that will lead to nearly zero impact on discharges and allow her to operate in delicate environments such as the Baltic Sea and Alaska.
Some of the guest highlights of this new state-of-the-art ship include:
- Two original, never-before-seen shows from Cirque du Soleil at Sea
- The Mediterranean Promenade, which is lined with restaurants, including the new Il Campo, mall-style shopping and, to top it off, the 305 ft.-long LED Sky Screen displays atmospheric images and animations throughout the day and night
- An immersive art experience in L’Atelier Bistrot with 26 original etchings by French Impressionist Edgar Degas
- Dedicated kids areas designed in partnership with LEGO and Chicco
- Plus the world’s first virtual personal cruise assistant, ZOE, in every stateroom
MSC Grandiosa will begin regular 7-night cruises in the Western Mediterranean starting November 23, 2019 with six embarkation ports calling Genoa andCivitavecchia, Italy; Palermo, Sicily; Valetta, Malta; Barcelona, Spain and Marseille, France.