ACTA Elects 2023-2024 Board of Directors
At ACTA’s annual general meeting on May 30, 2023, members voted on the nine positions available to the Board of Directors.
Immediately following the conclusion of the AGM, the newly elected Board of Directors appointed three positions to round out the 12-person Board.
The new ACTA Board of Directors for the year 2023-2024 is:
- Liz Fleming, General Manager, North South Travel representing British Columbia/Yukon region
- Peter Keyter, Director and General Counsel, South Travel o/a The Travel Lady Agency representing Alberta/Northwest Territories region
- Karen Schabel CTM, Training and Development Coordinator, CAA Saskatchewan, representing Saskatchewan region
- Melanie Carter CTM, Director, Travel, CAA Club Group of Companies, representing Manitoba/Nunavut region
- Monica Johnstone CTC, President, Uniglobe Travel Innovations, representing Ontario region
- Geneviève Dupuy-Duplessis, Vice President, Club Voyages Dumoulin, representing Québec region
- Gary Gaudry, President, Maritime Travel, representing Atlantic region
- Zeina Gedeon, CEO, Trevello, ACTA Director at Large
- Brian Robertson, President, Canada West, Direct Travel, ACTA Director at Large
- Shalene Dudley, CEO Latitude Concierge Travels, ACTA Appointed Director
- Mary Jane Hiebert CTC, Owner, Independent Travel Advisor, Oyster Travel, ACTA Appointed Director
- Rocky Racco, Owner and CEO, TTI Travel, ACTA Appointed Director
The ACTA Board Chair is Mary Jane Hiebert CTC; Vice Chair: Monica Johnstone CTC; Treasurer: Liz Fleming; Secretary: Brian Robertson for the coming year.
Mary Jane Hiebert, ACTA board chair, said: “The new Board is very excited about working together with our members and ACTA partners to build a strong future for Travel Agencies and Independent Travel Advisors.”
ACTA president, Wendy Paradis recognized several long-term directors who are leaving the board.
Said Paradis: “I would like to thank the following outgoing board members for their dedication and tremendous contribution over many years. Patrick Doyle, Former Vice President and General Manager for Canada, American Express Global Business Travel and current CCO FlightClaim; Mike Foster, President, Nexion Canada; Louise Gardiner CTM, Vice President -The Agency Solution and Richard Vanderlubbe, President, Tripcentral.ca. Mike Foster and Richard Vanderlubbe will continue to be valued Members of ACTA’s Travel Agency Leaders Advisory Group (TALA).”
Go to www.acta.ca for more.