Air Canada Vacations (ACV) is giving travellers the opportunity to experience more of their favourite European destinations for less. The tour operator is offering two free activities with all pre-packaged or customized air-inclusive vacations to France, Great Britain, Italy or Spain when booked by June 5.
Travellers can take advantage of the complimentary activities – a value of up to $200 – on bookings with a minimum six-night stay, with travel completed by Oct. 31.
With the two free activities offer, ACV has curated 16 of its most popular excursions in London, Paris, Rome, Venice, Edinburgh, Nice, Milan, Barcelona and Madrid, all selected to inspire Canadians to get out and explore while on their European escape, including:
- London, for history buffs: The “London Vintage Bus Tour and River Thames Cruise”, offered daily, explores the highlights of the city from on board a vintage double-decker bus and river boat, taking in famous sights such as Big Ben, St. Paul’s Cathedral, Trafalgar Square, the Tower of London, Westminster Abbey, and the Changing of the Guard ceremony at Buckingham Palace.
- Paris, for carb lovers: On the “Behind-the-Scenes of a Boulangerie – French Bakery Tour in Paris”, visitors learn the secrets behind traditional French breads and pastries while under the expert guidance of a Parisian baker. Explore the production rooms of a typical boulangerie while learning about the history of breadmaking; glean plenty of take-home baking tips; and enjoy a freshly baked baguette and croissant.
- Rome, for culinary connoisseurs: Discover Rome’s culinary heritage while sampling a variety of white and red wines, regional artisanal cheeses and cured meats on the “Italian Wine and Cheese Tasting in Rome.” Held at the popular L’Angolo Divino family run enoteca in the city centre, visitors can indulge in Italian gourmet delights while learning about the colours, flavours and origins.
- Venice, for lovebirds: No trip to Venice is complete without the quintessential experience of a traditional gondola ride. Perfect for a romantic rendezvous, the 35-minute “Venice Gondola Ride and Serenade” takes in the spectacular sights of the city – including the Grand Canal, Rialto Bridge, and Palazzo Barberino – from aboard a carved gondola, while guests are serenaded with Italian love songs.
- Milan, for fashionistas: The three-hour “Milan Fashion Walking Tour: Quadrilatero della Moda” explores Milan’s glamourous fashion district, home to a litany of the world’s leading fashion designers. Led by a fashion-forward local guide, tour haute couture shops while learning about Milan’s fashion history. Participants also receive a complimentary Milan Fashion Card, offering discounts of 10% or more in select stores.
- Barcelona, for art aficionados: Not to miss on any itinerary to Barcelona is La Sagrada Familia Cathedral. The masterpiece of modernist architect, Antoni Gaudí, La Sagrada Familia was declared a UNESCO World Heritage site and is one of the most-visited monuments in Spain. The “Skip the Line: Barcelona Sagrada Familia Tour Including Tower Entry” gets visitors up close to the magnificent cathedral and its soaring towers, while breezing past the long lines.