Agents Reconnect With Fareconnect
After three years of waiting, 70 agents and over 20 suppliers gathered for Reconnect with Fareconnect 2022.
The Western Canada-based host agency, with independent agents from coast to coast, held its annual conference at the Sandman Signature Edmonton South Hotel in Edmonton, Alberta from Sept. 22 to Sept. 24.
Fareconnect.com’s conference feature two-days of training from the host agency’s top suppliers. However, with Fareconnect it is not all about business, there was plenty of lunch & coffee chats and even a trade show to keep the conversations flowing between everyone attending.
The conference finished off with a Gala, a Fareconnect staple, to cap off two days of non-stop training! After champagne, a red-carpet and dinner, the award ceremony began.
To show their support, the top prizes for specific suppliers was handed out personally by the BDMs of the company included:
- Air Canada Vacations winner — Jolane Kennedy from Calgary, AB
- AMR winner — Ramona Sheppard from Saskatoon, SK
- Globus Family of Brand winner — Charlene Altenberg from Saskatoon, SK
- Manulife winner — Robert McDowell from Vancouver, BC
- Norwegian Cruise Line winner — Lori Schneider from Medicine Hat, AB
- Princess Cruise Lines winner –Sherri Anne Arsenault from Waterloo, ON
- Royal Caribbean winner –Walmer Mangilit from Winnipeg, MB
- Bedsonline winner — Cheryl Fox. Lloydminster, AB
- Sunwing winner — Jody Polyzniuk-Strauss from St Albert, AB
- Travel Corporation winner — Charlene Altenberg from Saskatoon, SK
- Viking Cruises winner –Rhonda Ennis from Medicine Hat, AB.
- WestJet Vacations winner — Jody Polyzniuk-Strauss from St Albert, AB
This year Fareconnect introduced a new award for their agents, the “Caring Award” which was inspired by an act of true kindness by one of their agents, Nel Anderson. Cindy Gaudet read a letter from Lori Patterson, BDM at Holland America, that shared the story of Anderson going above and beyond in an airport to ensure that a group of four strangers made their cruise after a flight was delayed – she managed to use her contacts and get the cruise to wait for the two couples, so they didn’t miss their entire vacation.
Then, it was time to announce the 2022 Top Overall Sales Winner’s at Fareconnect:
- Bronze Top Sales winner — Janice Butler from Medicine Hat, AB
- Silver Top Sales winner — Robert McDowell from Vancouver, BC
- 3rd place Gold Top Sales winner — Mia Matton from Edmonton, AB
- 2nd place Gold Top Sales winner — Cheryl Fox from Lloydminister, AB
- 1st place Gold Top Sales winner — Jody Polyzniuk-Strauss from St Albert, AB
Before announcing where they would hold next year’s conference, there was a generous draw prize to giveaway to one of the agents — a 7-day European Cruise with AMA Waterways, the winner was Mia Matton from Edmonton, AB.
Then the CEO of Fareconnect.com, Rick Gaudet, announced that Fareconnect agents will be heading to Las Vegas next fall to celebrate the company’s 20th Anniversary.