Air Italy Sets A Course Into Liquidation
Air Italy is shutting down.
The announcement came following a shareholders meeting which decide on liquidating the carrier.
Air Italy’s key shareholders include Alisarda and Qatar Airways through AQA Holding spa.
The carrier was gearing up to launch summer 2020 seasonal service between Toronto and Milano Malpensa on March 29, 2020, offering six weekly flights.
That will no longer happen and instead, passengers holding Air Italy tickets have been advised that:
- From Feb. 11 to Feb. 25 inclusive, Air Italy flights will be operated by othe carriers at the times and on the days previously scheduled.
- All passengers who booked flights – outward or return – after Feb. 25 will be re-protected or fully refunded.
All scheduled flights – outward or return – up to and including Feb 25 (including the first departure on the morning of Feb 26, 2020 of domestic flights to Malpensa and from Male and Dakar airports) will be regularly operated, without any changes to the original scheduled dates and times and on the same flight conditions. Passengers will be able to fly using their ticket. Alternatively, passengers can always opt for a full ticket refund by emailing the following address – [email protected] prior to their flight’s departure time.
For all tickets scheduled to depart by Feb. 25 and to return after Feb. 25, 2020, the outward journey will be regularly operated – without any changes to the original scheduled dates and times and the same flight conditions. With regards to the return flight, passengers will be offered a travel option on the first available flight of another carrier, the details of which will be provide from Feb. 18, 2020 by calling from Canada — +1 800 746 1888.
Alternatively, passengers can opt to claim their refund for unused flight segments by emailing the following address – [email protected] prior to the flight departure time.
Tickets for return flights after Feb. 25, 2020:
- If purchased directly via the web (Air Italy portal) or Air Italy contact centre, they will be fully refunded in a manner that will be provided by email or requesting it at the [email protected] address.
- If purchased through the Air Italy ticket office, they will be fully refunded by going to any Air Italy ticket office.
- If purchased through a travel agency, it will be necessary to request a refund or a change of travel by contacting the agency.
All bookings for which the travel document has not been completed through to the purchase of the ticket will automatically lapse.