And The Winners Are
There was lots to celebrate at the Tourism Industry Association of Canada’s (TIAC) annual conference in Ottawa last week as the association announced the winners of its annual Canadian Tourism Awards, which are the standard of excellence for businesses and organizations in tourism and which recognize success, leadership, and innovation in the industry.
TIAC president and CEO, Beth Potter noted that: “Each of these winners have proven to have gone above and beyond in offering travellers superior experiences in Canada, and have done so under incredibly trying circumstances,”
And TIAC’s boss added: “They embody the true spirit of our Awards – the values of courage, hard work, and dedication to a truly great Canadian tourism product.”
Now in its 22nd year, the Canadian Tourism Awards features nine categories of distinction; in addition to the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award, which this year was won by industry luminary Bill Knowlton. It was open to all businesses operating in any of the full suite of sectors that comprise the tourism industry; accommodations, transportation, recreation, travel services, and food and beverage.
- Floor13 Business Event Award: Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada 2022 Conference – Toronto ON
- Air Canada Business of the Year Award: Great Wolf Lodge – Niagara Falls, ON
- ITAC Indigenous Tourism Award: Heritage Path Tour – Elisipogtog Mi’kmaq Cultural Centre
- VIA Rail Canada Innovator of the Year Award: AREA 506 Waterfront Container Village
- Small or Medium-Sized Business of the Year Award: ERTCU Travel Group
- Air Transat Sustainable Tourism Award: Eagle Wing Tours
- Tourism HR Canada Employee of the Year Award: Kaleigh Potts
- Tourism HR Canada Employer of the Year Award: Tourism Kingston TMAC
- Travel Media Award: Must Do Canada, Karla and Matthew Bailey
Go to www.tiac-aitc.ca for more.