Antigua and Barbuda have lifted the travel testing requirement for fully vaccinated visitors to the destination effective March 16, 2022. Antigua and Barbuda’s Minister of Tourism and Investment, The Honourable Charles Fernandez said: “Our aim is to continue to ensure travellers have a safe vacation in Antigua and Barbuda, in adherence with the covid-19 protocols created by the Government to responsibly manage the various stages of the pandemic and maintain the health and safety of the population.”
The CEO of the Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Authority said: “The announcement of the removal of the travel testing requirement, will reduce travel costs and prove to be a compelling enough incentive for fully vaccinated visitors to book travel to the destination. It is a development that will make a positive impact on our tourism rebound, and most importantly to the persons who are employed within the industry.”
The latest travel advisory includes:
- Fully vaccinated arriving passengers are not required to present a PCR/Rapid Antigen Test negative result to be permitted entry into Antigua and Barbuda, (unless they show symptoms of possible infection). This includes transiting passengers.
- Fully vaccinated passengers showing symptoms of possible infection may be required to submit to a RT PCR test for SARS-CoV-2 upon arrival at their own expense. Instructions on permissible activities while awaiting results will be provided by Port Health officials.
- Partially/unvaccinated British citizens en route to, and partially/unvaccinated residents of, Montserrat are permitted to land in Antigua and Barbuda and transit via aeroplane from V.C. Bird International Airport to Montserrat. Such passengers will not be permitted to leave the airport prior to departure.
- Unvaccinated minors between the ages of five and eighteen years old must present a negative RT PCR test of four days or fewer from date of testing.
- !!! Children below the age of five (5) years entering Antigua and Barbuda, DO NOT REQUIRE a COVID -19 RT-PCR test.
- The wearing of face masks in public spaces is actively encouraged throughout Antigua and Barbuda and social/physical distancing protocols should still be adhered to. Therefore, all passengers arriving in Antigua and Barbuda are encouraged to wear face masks wherever there are gatherings of significant numbers of people e.g., ports, supermarkets, bars and clubs.
Go to www.visitantiguabarbuda.com for more.