This week marks the start of the fifth season of the Baxter Student Ambassador Program (BSAP), the only travel and tourism student mentoring program of its kind in Canada offering learning and networking opportunities for aspiring travel industry professionals.
Based on a combination of academic success, industry and community involvement, leadership skills, and a skill-testing webinar presentation, one graduating student from each of our 17 participating schools is designated as the Baxter Student Ambassador. Returning institutions taking part in BSAP 2018/19, include:
- Algonquin College, Ottawa, ON
- British Columbia Institute of Technology, Vancouver, BC
- Capilano University, Vancouver, BC
- Centennial College, Toronto, ON
- Conestoga College, Kitchener, ON
- Confederation College, Thunder Bay, ON
- Fanshawe College, London, ON
- Fleming College, Peterborough, ON
- Georgian College, Barrie, ON
- Humber College, Toronto, ON
- Medicine Hat College, Medicine Hat, AB
- Red River College, Winnipeg, MB
- Ryerson University, Toronto, ON
- Seneca College, Toronto, ON
- University of New Brunswick,Saint John, NB
Plus, two new schools are joining the BSAP family this year:
- George Brown College in Toronto, ON
- SAIT in Calgary, AB.
Each year, amazing opportunities for travel, learning, and networking await the winning Ambassadors. Through inspiring travel prizes, hands-on work experience, professional development, membership opportunities, and special event invitations, these elite students will be empowered as they begin their careers in the exciting world of travel.
With the support of our partners and sponsors, winning Baxter Student Ambassadors will receive their profile published in the special standalone BSAP May 2, 2019 issue of Travel Courier, a one-year membership to ACTA including access to the Learning Centre, a one-year membership to TIAO, invitations to BSAP events in Toronto in May 2019, a once-in-a-lifetime internship or travel opportunity, and access to the new BSAP Alumni Association via LinkedIn.
Of course, BSAP wouldn’t be possible without the generous participation of these sponsors and partners – Baxter Media, Carlson Wagonlit Travel, Collette, Contiki, Elmhirst’s Resort, Goway, Jamaica Tourist Board, Merit Travel, Niagara Helicopters, Transat, Travel Courier, ACTA, TIAO – who provide the invaluable internships, travel opportunities, bursaries, and memberships that the Ambassadors use to kick-start their careers
To learn more about the Baxter Student Ambassador Program and how to get involved, visit www.baxterambassadors.com.