Baxter Student Ambassador Program Turns 10 and Looks Ahead To The Future
The Baxter Student Ambassador Program (BSAP) is celebrating its 10th anniversary, ushering in a new era for the program which for a decade has existed to:
- ENCOURAGE young people to get involved in the travel industry
- FOSTER networking opportunities for graduating students
- MENTOR the next generation of travel professionals
- CULTIVATE engagement in the travel industry
Our vision is to see the Canadian travel, tourism and hospitality industry thriving. We’re committed to identifying the industry’s most-promising student talent at Canada’s leading colleges and universities.
In light of our mission, we’re launching the BSAP newsletter—Where the Industry Meets its Future—a monthly periodical to connect you with career enhancing resources and the information you need to take the Canadian travel industry into the future.
For a limited time, new subscribers to the BSAP newsletter will be entered into a draw to win 1 of 4 $25 gift cards! To subscribe, fill out the form listed at the bottom of this article.
We’re partnered with 17 post-secondary institutions across Canada and organizations like Tourism HR Canada, Discover Tourism, TIAC, ACTA, Skal Canada, Travel Courier, Canadian Travel Press, and a growing network of sponsors who have all resonated with the BSAP mission.
If you received this newsletter, you’re one of our three favourite people:
1) A Travel Industry Professional − Your career has led you here. Whether you came up through a post-secondary travel & tourism program or you gained skills on-the-job through years of practice, you’ve carved out a space for yourself in the industry and you’re here to stay.
2) An Educator in Travel, Tourism or Hospitality − Your mission is to reach students. You’re passionate enough about the travel industry that you’ve dedicated your time and resources to teaching students across Canada, passing the torch to the next generation of industry professionals. You may have heard of BSAP or you may be new to the program, either way you play a vital role in energizing the industry with up-and-coming talent.
3) A Student in a Travel, Tourism or Hospitality-related program across Canada − You’ve got a ways to go, but you’re finally on the right track to becoming a bona fide expert. Whether you’re graduating soon or just starting out, you’re hoping the industry has a place for you when you take your next steps. Hint: it does.
Regardless of where you’re coming from—a seasoned industry professional or a student launching your career—we’re hoping this newsletter will become a meeting place for the industry as it is now with the industry of the future.
We’ll feature events for travel professionals and students, like the upcoming National Tourism Job Fair; profiles from Discover Tourism on working professionals who inspire us; and news stories related to the future of the industry.
Subscribe to receive this free monthly newsletter directly in your inbox: https://baxterambassadors.com/index.php/subscribe-to-our-newsletter/
For a limited time, new subscribers to the BSAP newsletter will be entered into a draw to win 1 of 4 $25 gift cards! Subscribe now to enter the contest.
Learn more about the Baxter Student Ambassador Program or to find out how you can get involved at baxterambassadors.com
For students, BSAP applications open January 3, 2024 on baxterambassadors.com and opportunities abound like travel prizes, bursaries, internships, mentorships, and networking opportunities. We encourage you to read more about the program and talk to your professors about getting your school involved.
For BSAP sponsorship inquiries, contact [email protected] and find out how you can reach the next generation of the travel industry.