Choice Hotels International, Inc. has unveiled a series of “bold” changes to its guest rewards program, Choice Privileges. All of the changes have been developed to bring “greater and faster value” to the more than 25 million members of the program.
Some of the new benefits include:
- Your Extras: Weekday travellers can earn a special reward right when they check in. For each qualifying stay that includes at least 1 week day night (any night Sun. through Thurs.), the member can earn a special reward of their choice. Canadian members have 2 options: 500 bonus points or 100 airline miles from participating airline carriers.
- FlexRewards: Get to a free night faster. Members can redeem points for free nights at discounted point levels at participating hotels, varying by season. There will be up to 2,000 hotels reduced during either the weekdays or weekend at any time.
- Digital Gift Cards: The first hotel company to offer immediate in-app gift card downloads, Choice Privileges members can receive instant gratification with new digital gift cards.
- Keep Your Points: As long as members stay active by completing a qualifying activity at least once every 18 months, they get to keep their points.
- 10 Points per Dollar: All 5,500 Choice Hotels now earn 10 points per dollar spent – including economy and extended stay hotels, such as MainStay Suites, Suburban, EconoLodge and Rodeway Inn. And, during promotions, Choice has made it easier to qualify since members no longer need to stay two consecutive nights at economy brands.
Jamie Russo, vice-president of loyalty and customer engagement, said: “The exciting new changes to our Choice Privileges program mark a major milestone in Choice Hotels’ history. While many rewards programs continue to decrease the value of benefits for their guests, we’re building a loyalty program that gives more and faster perks to travelers starting right when they join. We have built these new features around guests, and we want them to feel constantly rewarded by the new Choice Privileges wherever their travels take them.”
For more, go to http://www.choicehotels.com/choice-privileges .