Brainstorming In Calgary
WestJet welcomed members of its Travel Agent Advisory Board (TAAB) to its head office in Calgary for two days of interactive feedback, planning and discussion last week.
The two-day conference was attended by 40 TAAB members representing 35 travel agencies across Canada.
Corporate and leisure agents had the opportunity to meet with WestJet employees, share their feedback about upcoming initiatives and attend presentations by vice president of sales and distribution, Chuck Crowder and agency sales director, Jane Clementino.
There were brainstorming sessions and in-depth workshops that included representatives from WestJet Rewards, GDS Operations, Corporate Sales, WestJet Vacations Product and WestJet Vacations Experience Delivery.
In addition to the conference, WestJet, in collaboration with The Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), hosted an evening event where TAAB members got to experience training that the WestJet inflight team will receive in order to deliver a best-in-class guest experience.
Jane Clementino, director, agency sales for WestJet, observed: “As WestJet expands our premium level of service, and becomes a global carrier, these interactive sessions with our TAAB members are extremely beneficial. We are working together with the travel trade in order to promote WestJet and WestJet Vacations, ensuring we listen to feedback and communicate effectively to the travel community.”
WestJet TAAB members serve a two-year term and for the following 24 members, this was their last meeting:
- Alfiero Cavallo, Verona Travel
- Ally Guidi, Transat Travel
- Ami Hisanaga, Centre Holidays
- Carolyn O’Reilly, Travel Professionals International
- Chris Shoemaker, Northstar Travel
- Claudette Primeau, Robert Q Travel
- Gaetano Brunetti, BCD Travel
- Gina Marcone, Transat Travel
- Hector Nerio, American Express Travel
- Jackie Grondin, HRG North America
- Kirrily Miller, Charleswood Travel
- Krista Shaver, Tripcentral.ca
- Laureen Aliberti, AMA Travel Kingsway
- Marybeth Wood, Uniglobe – Premiere Travel
- Myriam Hebert, Voyages Aquaterra
- Richard Dymond, Vision Travel Solutions
- Sarah McKimmie, Carlson Wagonlit Travel
- Sarah Remenda, Expedia CruiseShipCenters
- Shelley Toomer, UNIGLOBE One Travel
- Susan Doherty, Maritime Travel
- Terry Gee, UNIGLOBE One Travel
- Terry Lowe, Red Tag Vacations
- Travis Stewart, The Travel Agent Next Door
- Vikas Malhotra, ITRAVEL2000
Said Clementino: “We would like to send our sincerest thank you to all of our second term TAAB members, all of whom provided invaluable feedback and genuine hard work in an effort to continually improve the WestJet travel experience for our mutual clients.”