Universal Orlando celebrated the official grand opening of its fourth on-site hotel – Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort – last week with a beach bash featuring a surprise performance by The Beach Boys.
The new hotel features a total of 1,800 moderate and value priced rooms that evoke the classic, retro-feel of iconic beach resorts from the 1950s and 60s.
Located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort, the new hotel is a destination within itself – featuring a stunning design with bold colours, retro-inspired architecture and sweeping vistas that transport guests back to a time of relaxation and endless family fun.
- A 6,000-square-foot sand beach surrounding an 8,000-square-foot zero-entry pool at the Lazy River Courtyard;
- Universal Orlando’s first Lazy River at an on-site hotel, with waterfalls and cannons for interactive fun;
- The Lazy River Courtyard where guests can savour a specialty cocktail, a freshly made smoothie and simple grill menu items from the rooftop deck at The Hideaway Bar & Grill;
- A 10-lane Galaxy Bowl;
- The Jack LaLanne Physical Fitness Studio;
- A dive tower waterslide that splashes into a 10,000-square-foot zero-entry pool in the Cabana Courtyard.
Rates for standard guest rooms begin at US$119 per night, and can run as low as US$93 per night depending on the length of stay. Rates for family suites begin at US$174 per night, and can run as low as US$134 per night. Cabana Bay guests also get exclusive benefits only available to on-site hotel guests at Universal Orlando, including Early Park Admission one hour before the theme parks open.