Stéphanie Bishop now knows what it’s like to travel during a pandemic.
The Globus family of brands’ managing director joined the company’s 5-day Canadian Rockies Escape last week — the first, official tour for the Globus family of brands since the pandemic began.
Operating from Calgary to Calgary, the tour welcomed 19 guests who escaped to the pristine wilds of Banff National Park and the ethereal glacier-fed lakes (the “Water of the Spirits”) nearby.
Bishop observed of the experience: “After months of hitting the pause button, it’s thrilling to push ‘play’ and make our return to travel with fellow, Canadian wayfarers and wanderers, in our own backyard. I was lucky enough to be there for the experience.”
She explained that she was: “Joined by Leslie Schaff, one of our expert business development managers, it was thrilling to witness, first-hand, the ways in which we were able to successfully bundle unrivaled knowledge from Tour Director Brad Noyes with new, on-trip protocols and first-class accommodations at the Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa, to say ‘hello’ to the natural wonder of Canada and ‘goodbye’ to worry.”
The exclusive Canadian Rockies Escape trip provide the all-Canadian group an opportunity to experience the many enhanced safety standards, thanks to Globus’ new On-Trip Assurance program with on-trip protocols, developed by Globus’ global Health & Safety Team, including:
- Pre-trip health screenings and temperature checks, plus daily health checks.
- Freshly cleaned and disinfected motorcoach with touch-ups at every stop.
- Select seating (only next to those in your travel party), required hand sanitization and luggage disinfection (before boarding each vehicle).
- Social distancing whenever possible, thanks in part to Globus Go Beyond Devices; Wearing masks when social distancing is not a possibility.
- Touch-free meals (no self-service options at hotels or alike).
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection standards and protocols at hand-picked hotels.
And, just as expected, surrounded by the natural beauty of Canada, Banff’s caves and rocks were not only remedial for the body and spirit, they served as reminders of the ever-changing natural world. In Banff, life continues as it has for millennia in a world of creatures great and small, including the mystical grizzly who rules this timeless alpine world.
Said Bishop: “The raw, natural paradise of the Canadian Rockies gave me – and my fellow travellers – the peace and space we needed.”
And she added: “It was joyful to be there for the Globus family of brands’ very first tour since March, representing our return to travel – here in Canada and beyond.”
Bishop also said that similar “domestic” tours are launching this fall in the United States, Australia and the United Kingdom.
Globus family of brands’ managing director said: “It isn’t necessary to cross oceans for adventure. From our national parks to cool, emerging cities and small, historic towns there’s a surplus of sights travellers haven’t seen – or truly experienced – closer to home. For the first time, and for now, we have an opportunity to focus our efforts on inviting travellers to discover – or rediscover – the wonder of their wonderful countries.”
Some of the most popular Canadian vacations offered from Globus and Cosmos – tours that the Globus family of brands is encouraging travel advisors to share with their Canadian clients – include:
- Globus Great Resorts of the Canadian Rockies (7 days)
- Globus Wonders of the Maritimes & Scenic Cape Breton (9 days)
- Globus Québec In Depth with the Gaspé Peninsula (11 days)
- Globus Newfoundland & Labrador (12 days)
- Globus Great Canadian Rail Journey (14 days)
- Cosmos Ontario & French Canada (8 days)
- Cosmos Heart of the Canadian Rockies (10 days)
Go to www.agentlingo.ca for more.