Celebrity Cruises has become the first cruise line to launch a fully immersive, fully virtual cruise ship experience in the metaverse.
Called ‘The Wonderverse’ the platform operates like a desktop video game and is easily accessible worldwide.
The Wonderverse allows travellers to “see before they sail,” exploring a hyper-realistic, digital recreation of the line’s newest ship, Celebrity Beyond, designed exactly like the real thing down to the last detail — from furniture and fixtures to textiles, lighting and texture on materials like pillows, sculptures and more.
Features & Highlights include:
- Four distinct areas to explore – The Resort Deck, The Magic Carpet floating bar, the Grand Plaza/Martini Bar, and the Sunset Bar.
- Three avatars to interact with – the ship’s Captain Kate McCue; Nate Berkus who designed the Sunset Bar, and Celebrity’s CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo.
- Social capabilities to interact with all players – Via audio, video and chat features, players can hold conversations and bigger groups with up to 12 people can be hosted in the Magic Carpet, which doubles as a virtual meeting room.
- Four destinations to explore – teleport to Alaska, Japan, St. Lucia or Santorini to learn more about each destination and Celebrity’s offerings in each, including a “book now” button.
- Witness a Martini Bar Flair Show – one of Celebrity’s signature experiences, guests can walk up to the bar in the Grand Plaza and activate a flair show where talented mixologists perform tricks under a lit-up, moving chandelier.
- Fully customized avatars – players choose from hundreds of options from hair and facial features to clothing and accessories.
To enter the Wonderverse, go to www.celebrity.com/wonderverse .