ToursByLocals is reporting ‘substantial demand’ for travel heading into the busy summer season after more than two years of COVID-19 restrictions
“May was an all-time record month for us after nearly 14 years in business,” says Paul Melhus, the CEO of the Canadian-based company that connects discerning travellers in search of customized, private tours with handpicked tour guides in 189 countries worldwide.
Melhus continued: “Previously our best sales month was March 2019, before the collapse of international tourism. When we entered 2022 with the wave of Omicron and then the war in Ukraine, we didn’t expect to be setting records this soon. It’s a testament to travellers’ pent-up demand. And already, June sales are set to outpace May.”
Travellers from Canada and beyond are rushing to tourist hotspots this summer, particularly Europe. And in anticipation of crowds, many travellers are choosing to book tours with skip the line privileges.
Here are the Top 10 tours booked on the ToursByLocals marketplace for the summer of 2022.
- PARIS — https://www.toursbylocals.com/Paris-Louvre-AnArtistsPrivateTour
- ROME — https://www.toursbylocals.com/Vatican-Experience-4-Hours
- LONDON — https://www.toursbylocals.com/toweroflondonprivatetourlondon
- LISBON — https://www.toursbylocals.com/lisbonsolddistrictsprivatetourbymarta
- ATHENS — https://www.toursbylocals.com/acropolismuseumclassicalprivatetour
- FLORENCE — https://www.toursbylocals.com/FlorenceEssentialsUffiziAccademiaGalleries
- BARCELONA — https://www.toursbylocals.com/GaudiBarcelona4H-PrivateTourGuide
- VENICE — https://www.toursbylocals.com/VeniceOrientationTour
- AMSTERDAM — https://www.toursbylocals.com/best-museums-in-amsterdam-private-tour
- ISTANBUL — https://www.toursbylocals.com/OldCityWonders-privatetour
Travel agents can purchase fully customizable tours for the clients online, earning a commission with every booking.
Agents receive 24/7 customer support by phone, email or LiveChat.