Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) has introduced two new online courses, as well as three updated courses, for travel agents.
“CLIA is dedicated to providing the travel professional community with training and courses that will grow their abilities to sell cruise and further their business goals,” said Stephani E.D. McDow, director, Professional Development & Membership. “We are continuously looking for new opportunities to provide the best possible training and enhance our already top-notch programs and online courses.”
The new and updated courses are:
- Building Client Loyalty (new): No business can grow and prosper without repeat business. This CLIA course will show you how to generate loyalty among your customers. You’ll learn how to uncover hidden client needs, apply quality service and implement the 10 fundamentals to building and maintaining client loyalty.
- Power Selling Techniques (new): Take your sales skills to the next level! Building upon the foundation of Power Selling Skills course, learn additional techniques that will truly turn you into the power selling travel consultant you can be. This course provides additional tips, such as the five mini steps of sales and six super selling skills. If you want to be a top-seller, you cannot afford to miss this course.
- Cruising 201: Learn where the popular cruise regions are and types of itineraries that are common with cruise line products. Explore more in-depth details regarding cruise pricing and what is included in a cruise fare as well as how to position the value of a cruise vacation. You will also learn about the different types of ships and how the size and personal space onboard matter to your clients.
- World Geography – Western Hemisphere: Dive into Western Hemisphere cruise geography with this highly participatory workshop. You’ll feel as if you are visiting the popular destinations, ports and itineraries in the Western Hemisphere, viewing beautiful photos and participating in activities geared toward expanding your familiarity of the region.
- World Geography – Eastern Hemisphere: Now that you need it, don’t you wish you had learned more about geography while in school? Well, here it is, CLIA’s crash-course on Eastern Hemisphere cruise geography. In this highly participatory workshop, we’ll take you on a journey to the destinations, ports and itineraries in the eastern hemisphere that you need to know – and how to sell them.
CLIA’s online courses are available to individual agent members at the discounted member rate of $29/course and non-member travel professionals at $59/course.
For further details, visit https://cruising.org/careerseascape.