In celebration of the recently held Grandparents Day, Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) has revealed its top five reasons cruise vacations are the best option for multi-generational families looking to travel together.
According to The Family Travel Alliance, the demand for family friendly travel is one of the fastest-growing segments in the tourism industry and is responsible for more than one-third of all leisure vacations. And cruising is a perfect fit families planning a multi-generational vacation.
“Cruise vacations offer a unique option for family members of all ages, from toddlers to grandparents, and a chance to celebrate family milestones and create memories,” said CLIA president Cindy D’Aoust. “Families can explore amazing destinations, choose perfect amenities and activities for each family member, all in a stress free and fun travel environment.”
Top five reasons families should cruise together:
- Amenities for All Ages: There is no shortage of amenities and activities onboard a cruise ship to suit every preference and age group. Grandparents who enjoy adventure can try a surf simulator or indoor sky diving with their families or, to keep things more relaxed, families can take scenic tours of historic landmarks. Cruises offer children’s programs, teen clubs, and organized, supervised activities, including karaoke, cooking lessons, scavenger hunts or dance contests.
- Flexible Travel: A cruise vacation offers a low-stress and flexible vacation option for grandparents travelling with their families, especially with the help of a travel agent. Families can choose a ship best suited to their travel companions and also choose to do as little or as many activities as they like. Grandchildren and younger travellers can even get involved in the planning process by helping select a destination or particular excursion for the whole family.
- Independent Exploration: Cruises provide families a unique opportunity to stay together, but also do things independently. For example, family members can explore on their own during the day and come together for a family meal in the evening. Pictured is the Chef’s Table aboard the Carnival Vista.
- Best Return on Experience: Cruising allows travellers to combine transportation, lodging, dining and entertainment all into one package – perfect for a family travelling together and looking for a stress-free planning experience. A travel agent can also help cruisers find the best options and offerings for large travel groups.
- Sharing the World: Cruising offers a chance for grandparents to bond with their families by sharing the joy of travelling and beauty of the world. A cruise vacation allows family members of all ages to explore new destinations, taste new cuisines and immerse themselves in new cultures while creating memories that will last a lifetime.
“Whether your family is looking to spend time together, independently or a combination of both, cruise travel offers guests the chance to connect while seeing the world and partaking in once-in-a-lifetime experiences,” added D’Aoust. “Cruising presents unlimited options to ensure that each member of the family gets the vacation they desire.”