Crystal Cruises continues its commitment to enriching the lives of its guests and the destinations to which it sails with an expanded number of the popular “You Care, We Care” shore excursions for 2015.
For the line’s 25th anniversary, 16 Crystal Adventures ashore – offered complimentary to guests and crew, alike – will allow participants to engage in the humanitarian and conservational activities of organizations throughout the world. With three new excursions added to the roster, 2015 marks the largest collection of opportunities to serve global communities Crystal has offered.
Among the destinations where Crystal guests can provide shore-side aid are:
- Victoria, BC – Guests will work alongside community members and volunteers at the Mustard Seed Food Bank, sorting food donations and helping prepare meals for those who would otherwise go without;
- Santa Barbara, California – Backyard Bounty – a non-profit organization that supplies the food bank of Santa Barbara – will take participants into the orchards to gather and organize fresh produce for local low income residents;
- Dubrovnik, Croatia – At Domus Christi, a home boasting 660 years of history of assisting and sheltering the poor, elderly and infirmed, guests will meet with residents, providing companionship for a walk to the Old Port and along the waterfront, as well as helping with some of the home’s gardening chores;
- Barcelona, Spain – With expert guidance from researchers at the Rehabilitation Center, guests will learn about the centre’s dedicated efforts to helping endangered marine life and their habitats; and even participate in a training drill for a stranded beach rescue of a dolphin;
- Guernsey/St. Peter Port, Channel Islands – Guests will get a glimpse into the daily operation of the Guernsey Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, as they assist with maintenance of the property;
- Puerto Limón, Costa Rica – Participants will spend time with the children and families of SOS Children’s Village, where abandoned and orphaned children are brought up in a family setting, supported by the village environment.
“The tremendous response to the ‘You Care, We Care’ program continues to delight us, as our guests are savvy world travellers who relish the type of deeply immersive and authentic cultural education experienced during these excursions,” says Crystal’s president Edie Rodriguez. “The act of contributing to the world in which we all travel is extremely rewarding – for everyone.”
In all, the “You Care, We Care” Crystal Adventures will be offered on more than two dozen of Crystal’s 2015 worldwide sailings.