Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) has unveiled the winners of the 2015 Member Favorites Hotels & Resorts List.
In this annual ranking, SPG is highlighting the Top Thirty Hotels and Resorts from around the globe. For the first time ever, SPG unveiled a new “Wish List” feature which allows its well-travelled members to seamlessly create and share their ultimate hotel bucket list.
Among the highlights of SPG’s fifth annual Member Favorites List:
- Newcomers include Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers, known for its views of Victoria Harbour, and the St. Regis Bora Bora with its renowned overwater villas.
- The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort in Florida is the destination that enjoyed the greatest number of free night redemptions.
- Four Points By Sheraton Ljubljana Mons in Slovenia opened in June, 2014, making it the newest Starwood hotel to be added to the list.
- Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers hosted the greatest number of SPG members over the past year.
- The United States is home to seven of the 30 2015 Member Favorite Hotels & Resorts, making it the country housing the most hotels on the list.
- Travellers are in an “Empire State” of mind, with New York City ranking as the most popular city in the world for global travellers to redeem their Starpoints.
- After New York City in the Top Ten Destinations for member redemptions are: San Francisco, Orlando, Chicago, San Diego, Lake Buena Vista, Fort Lauderdale, Maui, Paris and London, based on visits by travellers redeeming points.
- Fuerteventura, Spain in the Canary Islands leads a luxurious list of the Top Ten Emerging Hot Spots, followed by Adeje Tenerife in Spain, The Red Sea in Egypt, Rhodes in Greece, Grand Cayman in the Cayman Islands, Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic, Maspalomas in Spain, Khao Lak in Thailand, Le Morne in Mauritius and Serrekunda in Gambia. This list was ranked based on the destinations where SPG members are using their Starpoints for the longest length of redemption.
Meet the 2015 Member Favorites Hotels & Resorts
Asia Pacific: Sheraton Qiandao Lake Resort, Zhejiang, China; The Royal Begonia, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Sanya, Hainan, China; Sheraton Zhoushan Hotel, Zhejiang, China; Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers, Kowloon, Hong Kong; Aloft Ahmedabad, SG Road, Gujarat, India; Le Meridien Pune, Maharashtra, India; The St. Regis Bali Resort, Bali, Indonesia; W Retreat & Spa, Fesdu Island, Maldives; W Seoul, Seoul, South Korea; W Retreat Koh Samui, Surat Thani, Thailand.
Europe/Africa/Middle East: Hotel Goldener Hirsch, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Salzburg, Austria; The St. Regis Florence, Florence, Italy; The Gritti Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Venice, Italy; Four Points by Sheraton Ljubljana Mons, Ljubljana, Slovenia; The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort, Mallorca, Spain; Hotel Maria Cristina, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Sebastian, Spain; Al Maha, a Luxury Collection Desert, Dubai, UAE; Grosvenor House, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Dubai, UAE; Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, Dubai, UAE; Le Meridien Fairway, Dubai, UAE.
The Americas: Four Points by Sheraton Puntacana Village, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic; The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, Nayarit, Mexico; The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, Motu Ome’e, Bora Bora; Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, North Carolina, USA; Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel, Pennsylvania, USA; Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North, Texas, USA; The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, Florida, USA; Four Points by Sheraton Midtown – Times Square, New York, USA; The St. Regis New York, New York, USA; The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician, a Luxury Collection Resort, Arizona, USA.