It’s magic, you know…
Yesterday, The Walt Disney Company (Canada) Ltd. gave the trade a sneak peek into the out of this world adventures awaiting clients with the opening of Pandora — The World of Avatar on May 27 and what’s new at Walt Disney World Resort.
“We can’t wait to transport your guests to this exotic new world,” says Marlie Morrison, Managing Director, Marketing & Sales, Parks and Resorts, The Walt Disney Company (Canada) Ltd. “You can start booking your clients right now so they can be among the first to go and visit Pandora. We recently announced exclusive Pandora Extra Magic Hours every night available for a limited time only for our Disney Resort hotel guests — give your clients a little more time to explore this amazing new destination. Pandora will be the final piece, in fact the centrepiece, of one of the most incredible expansions in Walt Disney World history.”
Departing from Disney’s Animal Kingdom — and inspired by the record-breaking box-office hit, Avatar, attractions include the family-friendly Na’vi River Journey boat ride down a river hidden within a glowing rainforest, and the Avatar Flight of Passage, where visitors can fly above the jungles of Pandora on a Mountain Banshee. For those looking to fuel up, Satu’li Canteen is the main dining location in Pandora, or there’s Pongu Pongu, an eclectic drink kiosk.
Along with experiencing other expansions at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, such as Rivers Of Light, night time safaris, and new entertainment offerings, she says the best thing about visiting Disney this summer is a Canadian resident ticket offer.
“We’re so happy to offer something like this to Canada — to have our own Canada ticket offer — but it’s only available until May 20, so make sure your clients get those tickets now,” she says.
Some other notable news and developments:
- A new Happily Ever After fireworks and projection spectacular at Magic Kingdom Park, debuting May 12, with projections from classic Disney films such as The Little Mermaid and Aladdin, as well as modern blockbusters like Zootopia displayed on and around the iconic castle.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: The Music of Pixar LIVE! A Symphony of Characters, a new limited-time concert event, which showcases memorable music from Pixar Animation Studios films and features appearances by Disney•Pixar characters to the sounds of a live orchestra, debuts May 26.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Day or night, new Star Wars experiences allow guests to interact with BB-8, the loyal droid from “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” as well as other Star Wars characters inside Star Wars Launch Bay. New authentic props from “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” are also featured in Star Wars Launch Bay, and the new AWR Troopers from “Rogue One” now appear in the daytime stage show “Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away.”
- Disney’s Water Parks: Miss Adventure Falls, a brand new family-style whitewater raft adventure has opened at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park. Meanwhile at Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park, the Frozen Summer Games, where clients can get a photo opportunity with the likes of Olaf, return from May 26 – Aug. 13.
- Disney Springs: The culinary scene at Disney Springs continues to evolve with the opening of The Polite Pig, which features modern barbecue cuisine and Southern sides like mac-and-cheese and smoked corn prepared in an open kitchen, and Paddlefish, aboard Disney Springs’ iconic 1800’s paddleboat, which has been reimagined into a modern yacht experience. Menu options include seafood, steaks and chops for lunch and dinner. Sunday brunch is also available.
- Disney Resort Hotels: Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort opens as the newest Disney Vacation Club Resort on July 17.
Pictured at the event are (l-r): The Walt Disney Company (Canada) Ltd’s Ed Day, District Sales Manager, Ontario; Jennifer Rivard, Wholesale Sales Manager, Parks & Resorts; Marlie Morrison, Managing Director, Marketing and Sales, Parks & Resorts; and Hayden Yates, Travel Industry Sales & Marketing Director, Parks & Resorts.