For the seventh year in a row, the Eaton Chelsea, Toronto will “go dark” for Earth Hour — the global climate change awareness initiative which takes place on Sat., March 29, 2014. In addition to going dark, the Eaton Chelsea Toronto will further demonstrate its commitment to the environment by providing guests with a host of energy-saving service offerings to choose from during their stay that range from creative dining options to family-friendly activities.
To support Earth Hour, the hotel will:
- Turn off signature signage and non-essential lighting
- Host a candle light dinner including organic/low carbon menus in the signature restaurant, Bb33
- Celebrate with the first Super Hero Ambassador for Earth Hour — Spiderman — including a Sunday breakfast for families in Market Garden
- Serve “Glow in the Dark” cocktails in the lobby lounge, T|Bar
- Tell ghost stories under candle light in the Family Fun Zone
Guest s will be encouraged to reduce their energy consumption during Earth Hour, and to participate in the activities offered by the hotel to mark the occasion.
And beginning on March 29, the Eaton Chelsea, Toronto will launch a Facebook contest to celebrate Earth Hour and its sponsorship of the Green Living Show (April 25 to April 27, Direct Energy Centre, Exhibition Place). Facebook fans will have a chance to win a pair of tickets to this premier eco and health event.
Go to http://www.eatonchelsea.com for more.