Flamingo Beach Gets Multi-Million Dollar Refresh
Divi Resorts reports that it will undertake a top-to-bottom refresh of its Bonaire property, Divi Flamingo Beach Resort.
Renovations on the 129-room resort begin in September, with completion scheduled for next June.
The upgrade covers rooms, grounds, lobby, pools, beach, restaurants and bars, back of house, exterior décor, dive facilities and retail. It is the largest hospitality capital investment on Bonaire in recent years.
Among the project highlights are:
- !!! The total renovation of hotel room bathrooms featuring step-in shower, floor-to-ceiling tile, solid wood vanity with quartz counter surface, LED make-up mirror and lighting, new window and ceiling. Guest rooms also will get a facelift with new lamps; artwork, full-length mirror, patio furniture, closet doors and iPod radio alarm clock.
- The creation of a 3,300 plus square foot sun deck and cabana lounge with concierge and beverage service. Elevated and secluded – and exclusive to resort guests – the sundeck offers loungers unobstructed views of sunsets over the Caribbean plus a close-up on sea life in the Calabas Reef below.
- A 4,700 square foot beach area, the largest of any hotel property on Bonaire, will be constructed. The company will convert an existing grass lawn into a beach area, installing tons of white sand atop a raised platform with steps leading into the Caribbean.
- A new dive boat. Divi Dive, a PADI Five Star Dive Center, will expand its fleet with the acquisition of another customized dive boat.
- The opening of a Pure Ocean restaurant. Divi’s proprietary brand, Pure, developed for the Divi Phoenix Beach Resort in Aruba and subsequently installed at Divi Southwinds in Barbados, will occupy the former Calabas restaurant space. Like its sister locations, the next installment of Pure Ocean sits at the water’s edge with ocean views.
- Redesigned pools and pool areas. The resort’s two pools will have rock water features, travertine decking, cabanas, daybeds and new lounge chairs.
The resort will remain fully operational during the nine months of construction and renovation.