Impending WestJet Calgary-Belize service was just one of several flight announcements made by the airline yesterday (July 24).
The new non-stop weekly service, effective Nov. 3, is part of WestJet’s seasonal schedule for the winter of 2017-18, which includes more flights from Calgary to Vancouver, Toronto, Fort McMurray, Kelowna, Brandon, Grande Prairie, Kitchener, Los Angeles, Houston, Phoenix, Palm Springs, Cancun and Cabo San Lucas.
“WestJet will increase service from Calgary by 52 weekly flights this winter,” said Brian Znotins, WestJet vice-president, network planning, alliances and corporate development.
WestJet will also increase service on the following routes from Calgary:
- Calgary-Vancouver, from 90 to 97 times weekly (15 times each business day)
- Calgary-Toronto, from 58 to 68 times weekly, (10 times each business day)
- Calgary-Fort McMurray, from four to five times each business day
Calgary-Kelowna, from six to seven times each business day
- Calgary-Brandon, from 10 to 12 times weekly
- Calgary-Grande Prairie, 19 to 26 times weekly
- Calgary-Kitchener, from five to seven times weekly
- Calgary-Los Angeles, from 11 to 14 times weekly
- Calgary-Phoenix, from 19 to 20 times weekly
- Calgary-Palm Springs, from 18 to 20 times weekly
- Calgary-Cancun, from 14 to 16 times weekly
- Calgary-Cabo San Lucas, from seven to eight times weekly
New service to Huatulco from Vancouver and Edmonton
WestJet also announced new non-stop weekly service between Vancouver and Huatulco, Mexico, effective Oct. 29, and between Edmonton and Huatulco, Mexico, effective Nov. 2.
“WestJet will increase service from Vancouver by 43 weekly flights this winter… [and] service from Edmonton by 24 weekly flights this winter,” added Znotins.
Enhancing its sun service, the airline will increase flights from Vancouver to Mexico by three per week, and is starting its Vancouver-Hawaii service several weeks earlier.
WestJet will also increase service on the following routes from Vancouver:
- Vancouver-Fort McMurray, from five to six times weekly
- Vancouver-Edmonton, from 55 to 58 times weekly (nine times each business day)
- Vancouver-Calgary, from 90 to 98 times weekly (15 times each business day)
- Vancouver-Fort St. John, from seven to 12 times weekly
- Vancouver-Puerto Vallarta, from seven to eight times weekly
- Vancouver-Cancun, from six to seven times weekly
More sun from Southern Ontario this winter
Finally, WestJet also announced an additional 55 weekly non-stop flights this winter from Toronto Pearson International Airport to key domestic business destinations, as well as popular sun spots in the US, Mexico and the Caribbean.
“WestJet will increase service from Toronto, our largest hub, by 55 weekly flights this winter,” he said. “This additional service means business travellers will be able to take advantage of increased frequencies and more convenient schedules from Toronto to Montreal, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Calgary and Vancouver, while sun seekers will have more flights to choose from for their winter warmth than ever before.”
WestJet’s increased service from Toronto:
- Toronto-Montreal, from 83 to 91 times weekly (14 times each business day)
- Toronto-Ottawa, from 77 to 85 times weekly (13 times each business day)
- Toronto-Vancouver, from 45 to 52 times weekly (eight times each business day)
- Toronto-Calgary, from 56 to 68 times weekly, more than any other carrier (10 times each business day)
- Toronto-Winnipeg, from 31 to 38 times weekly (six times each business day)
- Toronto-Kelowna, from five to seven times weekly
- Toronto-Orlando, from 12 to 15 times weekly
- Toronto-Fort Lauderdale, from 11 to 14 times weekly
- Toronto-Cancun, from 11 to 15 times weekly
- Toronto-Montego Bay, from 13 to 14 times weekly
- Toronto-Nassau, from seven to nine times weekly
- Toronto-Liberia, from four to five times weekly
- Toronto-Antigua, from two to three times weekly
- Toronto-Punta Cana, from six to seven times weekly
- Toronto-Puerto Plata, from five to six times weekly