After receiving positive feedback from travellers, along with encouraging booking numbers for departures in 2020 and 2021, G Adventures has introduced four additional itineraries to its new Travel with Confidence Plus Collection, which provides travellers with increased physical distancing measures while on tour.
The collection was launched in June 2020 and features smaller group sizes (a maximum of 12), cheaper solo rooming options, ensuite bathrooms and private transportation, as well as increased sanitization and hygiene protocols as part of G Adventures’ Travel with Confidence policy.
From local homestays and salsa lessons in Cuba, to wildlife experiences like seeing ring tailed lemurs in Madagascar, through to surf beaches, rainforest hikes and wine tastings in Australia and New Zealand, the new itineraries bring the Travel with Confidence Plus collection’s number of tours to 41 trips in 28 countries, with departures running up to Dec. 31, 2021.
Providing travellers with added reassurance and security in the booking process, as well as on trip, G Adventures has also extended its Book with Confidence policy, which offers flexible rebooking up to Dec. 31, 2020.
Travellers departing before Dec. 31, 2020 can cancel and rebook up to 14 days prior to departure, while travellers departing between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 2021 can cancel and rebook up to 30 days prior to departure.
Amanda Dunning, brand manager at G Adventures, said: “The Travel with Confidence Plus collection was created to offer reassurance and peace of mind to travellers, while still delivering all the great things we love about travel, from incredible destinations and hands on experiences to delicious dishes and charming locally owned accommodation.”
Dunning continued: “The great response we have received following the launch of the collection, including many new bookings, is indicative of the desire for travellers to get back out and explore the world while feeling confident that their safety is well taken care of.”
In addition to the new trips, G Adventures has also enhanced its Travel with Confidence policy information for travellers and agents, with a Frequently Asked Questions resource now available online, covering many aspects of safe travel, from mask usage to health checks, as well as more in-depth health and safety guidelines.
The new Travel with Confidence Plus Collection includes all the new health and safety measures outlined in the Travel with Confidence policy, plus added steps for travellers looking to go the extra physically-distanced mile when travelling as part of a small group:
- Smaller group sizes – All trips will have an average of 8 – 10 travellers as opposed to the average group size of 12. This means being able to stay at smaller hotels and dining at smaller restaurants with fewer people around the dinner table.
- Private transport – While G Adventures is using more private transport where possible on all trips, this collection only uses private vehicles (except for planes) with daily assigned seating for added distance on the vehicles.
- My Own Room – My Own Room option is available for 50% off across all tours in this collection for people wishing for their own space to relax and sleep.
- More personal space – All rooms on trip will be either double or single and have en-suite bathrooms. There will be no multi-share accommodation or shared bathroom facilities on any trip in this collection.
The new Travel with Confidence Plus tours are as follows:
- Cuba Rhythms: Rum & Fun – Plus – Going beyond the beach resorts, this trip is designed to get travellers out and about to explore the real Cuba. Mingling with locals at ‘casa particulares’ (Cuban bed and breakfasts), exploring Havana’s alleyways, sampling local rums and cigars and learning about the salsa culture on the dancefloor are just a few of the experiences to be expected on this action-packed eight-day tour. Prices start from $1,099 per person, excluding flights.
- Cuba Explorer – Plus – The perfect combination of vibrant culture, history and architecture, this nine-day adventure sees travellers staying in a traditional casa particular in Havana, taking an automobile trip through the city, walking through the stunning countryside in Viñales and swimming in the beautiful clear waters near Cienfuegos. Prices start from $1,699 per person, excluding flights.
- Highlights of Madagascar – Plus – Endorsed by world-renowned ethologist, Jane Goodall, this two week adventure through Madagascar is perfect for wildlife lovers. From visiting local communities in Fiadanana, where the group will listen to a ghost talker and enjoy dinner with a local family, to visiting Anja Community Reserve, famed for its groups of ring-tailed lemurs, this tour will show travellers some of the island’s best local gems. In Ranohira travellers will swim in waterfalls before visiting the G Adventures-supported Soa Zara Tree Planting Project, which is helping to create green corridors to protect the biodiversity of Isalo National Park. Prices start from $2,599 per person, excluding flights.
- Australia & New Zealand Encompassed – Plus – This 34-day adventure is perfect for those with more time on their hands, looking to visit the major cities and famous sites of Australia and New Zealand, while also venturing to some of the lesser-visited rural gems. Highlights include walks through the rainforest in Great Otway National Park and taking an interpretive walk through the Daintree Rainforest, visiting the famous Sydney Opera House and a variety of activities in Rotorua, from white water rafting to geothermal spa visits. Prices start from $12,959 per person, excluding flights.