Get Off The Beaten Track In Saint Lucia
The Saint Lucia Tourism Authority (SLTA) has launched a bespoke accommodations program to showcase 400-plus smaller accommodation properties in Saint Lucia.
Collection de Pépites features a broad range of one-of-a-kind island jewels, including local B&Bs, boutiques, inns and luxury villas. The name originates in the island’s French heritage and means a collection of small pieces or nuggets of gold.
The aim is to introduce travelers to properties that have 35 rooms or fewer, which may not be as well-known as the island’s larger hotels and resorts. Many of the properties offer distinct opportunities for visitors to discover culture, culinary and wellness experiences within intimate accommodations.
Collection de Pépites has a dedicated page on the Saint Lucia website — www.stlucia.org/collectiondepepites — where travellers can find detailed information on the types of accommodation and search by their specific criteria such as location, family-friendly or price.
Visitors can choose their accommodation and click through to book directly on the providers’ site. All participating properties have been accredited by the SLTA to provide an added layer of reassurance. Ongoing reviews and checks will take place to ensure quality control and safety management.
Property listings include:
- Caille Blanc Villa & Hotel – A one-of-a-kind luxury private boutique hotel with a 65-foot infinity pool and waterfall facing the majestic Pitons and the Caribbean Sea
- Jungle Escape Eco Lodge – This eco-lodge is a hideaway for couples or groups to enjoy nature in the Saint Lucian countryside
- Nescape Studio – A newly built one bedroom apartment in the quiet surroundings of a lush tropical forest
- Paradise Hotel – four stunning cottages set back just off the waterfront overlooking Malgretoute Beach in the south of the island
- Rabot Estate by Hotel Chocolat – Set 1,000 feet above the Caribbean Sea with views of the Pitons, this hotel has an open-air restaurant, bar, spa and 14 luxury lodges
- South Sea House – Three highly-rated great value apartments, suitable for 2-4 guests in each, located on a quiet cul de sac in Cap Estate, a residential area in the north of Saint Lucia
- Têt Rouge – Located on the hills just above Choiseul, at the base of Gros Piton, this four-star boutique resort has six suites with spectacular views
- The Suite Spot Apartment – A one bedroom with ensuite bathroom, cozy for a couple’s retreat
Additional B&Bs, boutique hotels, inns and villas will be added to the program following the initial announcement and launch.
Go to www.stlucia.org for more.