It was a full house of travel trade personnel on hand for the annual Responsible Travel & Tourism Awards (RTTF) luncheon held in Toronto yesterday (May 11) at the Eaton Chelsea Hotel.
Organized by Baxter Travel Media, and sponsored by the Eaton Chelsea, the Ted Rogers School of Hospitality and Tourism Management at Ryerson University and Air Canada, the event provides an opportunity to publicly reward individuals and companies that have made a contribution to the cause of responsible travel.
The 2015 event featured an expanded program of awards, adding tour operator, accommodation, destination and innovation categories to the existing Student Leadership and RTTF Leadership Award categories.
This year’s winners included:
- Innovation – The Hotel Association of Canada’s Green Key Global program.
- Tour Operator – Intrepid Travel.
- Accommodation – the Ivy Lea KOA in the Frontenac Arch Biosphere Reserve.
- Destination – Tourisme Montreal.
- The Student Leadership Award – Quincia Gumbs, fourth year student at Ted Rogers School of Hospitality and Tourism Management at Ryerson University.
- The RTTF Leadership Award (sponsored, since its inception, by Air Canada) – G Adventures.
Watch for more in an upcoming issue of Canadian Travel Press.
Pictured: Marion Ancel (l), manager, Sustainable Tourism and Hospitality, Tourism Montreal, with David McClung, president of Baxter Travel Media.