Great Canadian Trails has launched its Can Geo Adventures collection of unique cultural active holidays in Canada, which are included in the select group of Designated Travel Partners for the new Canadian Geographic Adventures.
The exclusive trips are specially designed with a strong focus on sustainability and the celebration of people and place.
The inaugural trips of this collection will depart in the summer and fall of 2022 and include trips to Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, Alberta and British Columbia.
Great Canadian Trails is expanding its collection with details of new itineraries to be released soon for 2023.
Nathalie Gauthier, manager at Great Canadian Trails, said: “We’ve specifically crafted this collection of active holidays to align with the Royal Canadian Geographical Society’s (RCGS) mission of supporting, exploring, and telling stories about the people, places, frontiers and conversations that are meaningful to Canadians.”
All trips will be led by a local guide and escorted by a notable RCGS ambassador.
Said Gauthier: “The Canadian tourism industry is in full recovery mode, and it’s an honour to join our efforts with such a reputable organization to inspire more travellers to discover more of Canada.”
Travellers will spend their day exploring UNESCO World Heritage sites and world-renowned trails by bike or on foot. They’ll indulge in local culinary delights and relax in the comfort of historic inns and boutique hotels. With a small group of like-minded travellers, participants will also connect with locals through enriching indigenous experiences and cultural highlights as diverse as the Canadian landscapes.
The five Can Geo Adventures by Great Canadian Trails for 2022 are (with similar dates for 2023) are:
- Vancouver to Whistler Cultural Hiking Journey (BC) — 7-day trip – An immersive experience in BC mixing Indigenous culture and the best day hikes of the Coast Mountains. Escorted by: Marlis Butcher. Departs Vancouver: July 22
- Canadian Badlands and Rocky Mountains (AB) — 9-day trip – Step into Alberta’s Great Plains, look for dinosaur bones in the Badlands, and hike in the Canadian Rockies at Waterton Lakes, Banff NP, Lake Louise and Yoho NP. Escorted by: Myrna Pearman. Departs Calgary: July 30
- PEI Stories & Culinary Delights by Bike (PE) — 8-day trip – Enjoy Prince Edward Island coastal cycling, Mik’Maq storytelling, Green Gables tour and top culinary experiences, including Fireworks Feast at Chef Michael Smith’s legendary country inn. Escorted by: Robin Esrock. Departs Charlottetown: Aug. 23
- Natural Wonders of Western Newfoundland (NL) — 8-day trip – Explore the natural wonders of Gros Morne National Park, visit a Norse Viking settlement at l’Anse aux Meadows and stay at a historic lighthouse along Iceberg Alley. Escorted by: Jenny Wong. Departs Deer Lake: Aug. 27
- Go with the tides, Acadian Coast & Bay of Fundy Isles (NB) — 10-day trip – Marvel at the world’s highest tides in the Bay of Fundy, discover the cultural heritage of Acadians and Mi’kmaq people, hike in the UNESCO Fundy Biosphere Reserve and explore the marine life of the Fundy Isles. Departs Moncton: Sept. 26