There’s a lot to love about Britain – from Shakespeare to shepherd’s pie; from Pink Floyd to Harry Potter.
England, Scotland and Wales are home to a mix of historic heroes and happening haunts, and, in 2019, Globus and Cosmos are inviting agents’ clients to see, taste and hear the brilliant experiences waiting for them in Undiscovered Britain – a series of nine tours, many new, that take travellers on cobblestones less travelled.
Stéphanie Bishop of the Globus family of brands’ Canadian office, observes that: “It’s not hard to picture Big Ben and thatched cottages. And we take your clients there — as well as to many way off-the-beaten-path destinations. And bring it all to life with insights on the many legendary Britons and iconic cultural touchstones of this green and pleasant land.”
Destinations featured in the tours include:
- THE BRITISH INVASION – featuring Liverpool (The Beatles); Bath (Tears for Fears); Cambridge (Pink Floyd); Edinburgh (Idlewild); and Glasgow (Simple Minds).
- BANGERS & MASH & MORE – featuring Dundee (Dundee Cakes); Northern England (Shepherd’s Pie); Wales (Welsh Lamb); and Isle of Mull (Fish & Chips).
- CHEERS! – featuring Glengoyne (Scottish Whisky); Exeter (Sherry); and Glasgow (Gin).
- SUPER BLOKES – featuring Cardiff (Dr. Who); Glenfinnan (Harry Potter); Edinburgh (Sherlock Holmes); and Chester (King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table).
- FAVOURITE FIGURES – featuring Liverpool (John Lennon); Stirling (Sir William Wallace); Shrewsbury (Charles Darwin); and Stratford-upon-Avon (William Shakespeare).
And agents should note that their clients can save 10% on any 2019 Globus Europe vacation when they book by Nov. 27 of this year (Excluding Escapes by Globus); and when they book by Oct. 23 this year, they’ll save $50 off 2019 Cosmos tours (excluding Cosmos Lite).
Go to www.agentlingo.ca for more.