Sandals Resorts and Beaches Resorts are giving guests sun, sand, relaxation and something more.
The Luxury Included Resort company is giving customers even more reason to Book with Confidence thanks to two new added perks.
Sandals and Beaches Resorts now offers a new Travel Protection Plan – Insurance Is On Us, powered by Trip Mate, that will be purchased on behalf of guests and is part of their travel reservation as well as a new Cancellation Protection Benefit so travellers can plan their future vacation with confidence.
Adam Stewart, deputy chairman of Sandals Resorts International, said: “Travellers making vacation plans to the Caribbean can feel confident thanks to these two new added perks to our Book With Confidence program.”
To offer guests even more protection, Sandals and Beaches Resorts have added a new Travel Protection Plan – Insurance Is On Us powered by Trip Mate that will be purchased on behalf of guests.
The plan offers couples who book with Unique Vacations, Inc. now through Dec. 31, 2020 (and for travel now through May 31, 2021) expanded medical benefits during their resort stay.
The new plan covers:
- Any medical expenses in the Caribbean islands incurred as part of a treatment for illness, condition and/or accident. COVID-19 is treated the same as any other sickness.
- Any medical expenses in nearest facility incurred as part of the treatment for a sickness or injury incurred during the resort stay.
- While insurance coverages are subject to an exclusion for pre-existing conditions, this exclusion is waived as long as traveller was not disabled from travel at the time the plan was purchased on their behalf.
- The necessary transportation furnished by a professional ambulance company to and from a hospital. Maximum Benefit of US$100,000 Per Person
- If a guest’s travel plans are delayed due to quarantine the Travel Protection Plan would reimburse expenses for additional accommodations, meal and local transportation. Maximum Benefit US$200 Per Day, Per Person and up to US$2,800
- Should a guest need medical evacuation, the Travel Protection Plan will cover the cost of the transfer to the nearest hospital capable of providing treatment for a sickness or injury that is acute or life-threatening. Once treatment is received and evacuation is approved by the Program Medical Advisor, transportation would be covered for the return home. Maximum Benefit US$100,000 Per Person
- There is no minimum or maximum age limit for eligibility and access to assistance.
And from now until Dec. 31, 2020, guests booking a Luxury Included Vacation will have the added perk of knowing they can cancel their vacation at least 31 days before arrival and receive a full refund on the land portion of their vacation with zero penalties.
Guests cancelling 30 days to 15 days before arrival will receive a combination of a 50% refund and 50% travel certificate for future travel to any Sandals or Beaches resort within 12 months.
Travellers also have the added perk of canceling within 14 days and up to the day of arrival for a travel certificate valid for 12 months from original travel date.
And to find out more about the Travel Protection Plan On Us, go to https://www.sandals.com/disclaimers/travelprotectionplan/ or check in at https://www.beaches.com/disclaimers/travelprotectionplan/ .
Canadian agents can also connect with their local Sandals BDM or Inside Sales by calling 1-800-545-8283.