With the restrictions at the U.S. land border now eased to allow fully vaccinated Canadians to visit, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina is rolling out the welcome with a wide range of special deals and discounts.
Karen Riordan, president and CEO of Visit Myrtle Beach, said that: “Myrtle Beach has long been a hot spot for snowbirds seeking to find warmth and recreation along our 60 miles of beaches.”
Riordan continued: “Now, with the Canadian border reopening to vaccinated travellers, we are especially thrilled to see our neighbours from Canada again and just in time for our holiday season and our Can-Am Days.”
Visit Myrtle Beach and the region’s tourism businesses have created numerous special deals available now and into the new year, including the annual Myrtle Beach Can-Am Days Festival scheduled for March 12 to March 20, 2022.
Highlights of the destination’s “Welcome Back, Canadians” deals include:
- Beach Cove Resort – Save up to 50% on stays of seven nights or longer. Valid Nov. 5, 2021 – Jan. 1, 2023
- Ocean Creek Resort – Book at seven-night stay and save up to 55%. Valid Nov. 5, 2021 – Jan. 1, 2023
- Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort – Receive $10 USD in resort credit for each night valid for use at retail and dining locations throughout the resort. Valid through Dec. 31, 2022
- Condo-World Resort Properties – Save up to 30% on oceanfront condos. Valid through Dec. 31, 2022
- Funplex Myrtle Beach – Save $3 USD on admissions and $5 on refreshments. Minimum purchase required. Valid through April 30, 2022
- Island Vista – Receive 25% off select rooms. Valid through Dec. 31, 2022
- Hotel Blue – Save up to half off on stays of seven nights or longer. Valid through Dec. 31, 2022
- Carolina Winds Resort – Book a stay of 7 nights or longer and receive up to 52% off. Valid through Dec. 31, 2022.
Along with the deals on offer, Canadian visitors will find a variety of new attractions, accommodations and dining options for visitors. Those new developments include:
- Funplex Myrtle Beach – Conveniently located just a few steps from the beach on 14th Ave, the Funplex Myrtle Beach is designed for families and thrill seekers alike.
- Huntington Beach State Park Nature Center – The new nature center is $1.2 million investment and features a birding area, a classroom and an exhibit area with live animals.
- New Craft Breweries – Grand Strand Brewing Company in downtown Myrtle Beach produces a variety of handmade beers to be available in its taproom. Crooked Hammock Brewery in Barefoot Landing is an all-ages backyard escape that features craft beer, indoor/outdoor seating for more than 500 guests, firepits, hammocks, outdoor games, and a bar that is set over the lake.
- SkyWheel Myrtle Beach – In celebration of the attraction’s 10th anniversary in 2021, SkyWheel underwent major renovations including a new wheel structure, refurbished interiors and exteriors of its 42 gondolas, and most noteworthy, a new state-of-the-art lighting system allowing for more dynamic light shows.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton – New in 2021, Homewood Suites by Hilton offering apartment-style living near the beautiful beaches in the Grand Strand.
Go to www.VisitMyrtleBeach.com for more.