Peregrine Adventures, which bills itself an “an award-winning adventure tour operator for seasoned travellers,” has introduced seven Limited Edition itineraries that connect travellers with the “most unique, noteworthy events of 2017.”
The adventures are tied to key commemorations and noteworthy festivals, such as the 10-year anniversary of the world’s largest literary festival and the 60-year anniversary of Colombia’s Medellin Flower Festival. The new trips are now available for booking and include comfortable accommodations, in-country transport, meals and activities. All of the new Limited Edition tours will also include unforgettable experiences. Traditional dinners with local families, hot-air balloon rides and hidden waterfall hikes are just a few examples.
The seven Limited Edition festival and commemoration itineraries for 2017 are:
- Jaipur Literature Festival & Kipling’s Bundi: Take in Agra’s Taj Mahal and explore the tiger-filled jungles of India’s Ranthambore National Park.” Walk the step wells in Bundi as Rudyard Kipling once did as you continue on to the Jaipur Literature Festival,” Peregrine says. Departs Jan. 12. Thirteen days from $2,835 per person.
- Peru Inti Raymi Festival: Participants will see how modern Incas celebrate their heritage at Inti Raymi, one of the most significant festivals of the Inca calendar. Experience not one, but two, visits to the iconic Machu Picchu in celebration of winter solstice. Departs June 6. Twenty-one days from $4,445 per person.
- Jane Austen’s England: Mark the 200th anniversary of the death of Jane Austen on this literary journey into her life and legacy. Explore destinations in England significant to her life, including her birthplace, Steventon, and Bath, the setting for two of her novels. Departs June 12. Eight days from $3,100 per person.
- Colombia & The Medellin Flower Festival: Celebrating its 60th anniversary in 2017, the Medellin Flower Festival in Colombia is the place to go for a flower-filled journey. Spend time in local flower farms in Medellin and wander the historic heart of Bogota. Departs July 25. Fourteen days from $2,870 per person.
- The Western Front-France & Belgium: Join this tour to commemorate the centenary of the Third Battle of Ypres, the battle that would turn the tide of WWI. From Paris to Ypres, explore the dramatic history and events surrounding the end of this war. Departs July 31. Eight days from $2,990 per person.
- Jordan Explorer-Perseid Meteor Shower: Given the role astronomy plays in Arabic culture, plan to take in the annual Perseid Meteor Shower from Jordan. Be awed by wind-swept rock formations, set up a desert camp under a starry sky and explore Petra. Departs Aug. 10. Eight days from $2,075 per person.
- Goroka Show, Papua New Guinea: Discover the cultural diversity of Papua New Guinea on this festival-focused adventure with a focus on the Goroka Show, one of the world’s largest tribal festivals. Step off the beaten path to explore these tribal cultures. Departs Sept. 13. Seven days from $3,830 per person.