Princess Cruises has unveiled designs and key features of Majestic Princess, the newest and most luxurious ship in its global fleet.
Majestic Princess will sail its inaugural voyage on April 4, 2017, a five-day Adriatic Sea cruise roundtrip from Rome with stops in Kotor and Corfu.
Following that, Majestic will tour Europe, offering travellers a chance to experience the ship on seven-, 14-, 21- and 28-day cruises departing from Rome, Barcelona or Athens. A repositioning voyage will depart Barcelona on May 14, 2017, visiting Dubai and Singapore before arriving in Shanghai, its new home. Majestic Princess will begin its first cruise from its homeport in Shanghai on July 11, 2017, carrying 3,560 guests to a variety of destinations in Japan and Korea.
Majestic Princess is a sister cruise ship to Regal Princess and Royal Princess and will offer variety of enticing features and experiences, including:
- Global Cuisine – Popular culinary offerings from sister ships Royal Princess and Regal Princess will be aboard Majestic Princess including: The exclusive Chef’s Table Lumiere; the award-winning Crown Grill & Bar; and Alfredo’s. Two new specialty restaurants will also be introduced – Harmony, created in partnership with Chef Richard Chen formerly of Wynn Las Vegas; and Le Bistrot, located in the atrium and offering casual French home-style dining with a modern twist. To top it off, there will also be a wide selection of all-day gastronomy in the World Fresh Marketplace (Horizon Court buffet on other ships).
- Modern & Stylish Cruise Ship Design – Influenced by fashion, art and history, the interior designs of Majestic Princess present a sophisticated and stylish visual experience representative of travelling the world. Exquisite designs use metal, glass and inlaid wood through-out. European marble, mosaic tile floors, polished woods and sumptuous fabrics are also featured onboard the ship.
- Modern & Stylish Stateroom Design – More than 80% of Majestic Princess’ staterooms include a private balcony. All staterooms feature the new Princess Luxury bed.
- World-Class Entertainment – The first two shows to be seen on Majestic Princess will be “Fiera” and “Fantastic Journey,” both which have been met with enthusiastic acclaim by international audiences across the Princess fleet.
- Onboard Experience – Onboard Majestic Princess, guests will also experience the signature SeaWalk, the industry’s first glass floor walkway at sea, and SeaView Bar featuring “flair” bartending with the best views at sea. The Piazza Atrium, the central focal point of the ship features live entertainment throughout the day and evening. It is a grand spectacle surrounded by The Shops of Princess, nearly 1,100 square metres of luxury boutiques which include designer brand shops from Cartier, Bvlgari and Chopard, leather goods from Burberry and Gucci, along with watches by these luxury brands as well as Montblanc, Longines, Rado and Tissot to name a few.