For the first time in four years, Princess Cruises will offer summer Caribbean cruises, including Panama Canal transits in 2018.
The 3,192-passenger Caribbean Princess returns to sail on a full summer season of voyages ranging from seven-day Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries to a 20-day Caribbean and Panama Canal Explorer.
All summer Caribbean cruises are open for sale Dec. 1.
The 2018 April to October program features 47 departures, roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale, including eight unique itineraries visiting 23 destinations in 22 countries. In addition, four ports offer late night stays giving guests more time to explore the evening offerings these destinations have to offer.
New for 2018, 20-day Caribbean and Panama Explorer voyages combine a 10-day Panama cruise and a 10-day Southern Caribbean Medley or Eastern Caribbean Voyager cruise.
Summer itineraries include:
- Eastern Caribbean (seven days) – Includes calls at the ports of Princess Cays, St. Thomas, Grand Turk or Amber Cove. Sailings depart May 26; June 9, 23; July 7, 21; Aug. 4,18; and Sept. 1.
- Western Caribbean (seven days) – Alternating with the Eastern Caribbean voyages, this itinerary features calls at Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Roatan and Belize highlighting the Mayan culture and history of the region. Caribbean Princess sets sail on this route on May 19; June 2, 16, 30; July 14, 28; and Aug. 11, 25.
- Southern Caribbean (eight days) – For a more in-depth experience, one Southern Caribbean cruise will be offered with stops in Curacao, Aruba, Bonaire; departing May 11.
- Eastern Caribbean Voyager (10 days) – Here, guests can enjoy an extended Eastern Caribbean cruise, visiting Princess Cays, St. Thomas, Antigua, St. Lucia, Barbados, St. Kitts. Cruises depart May1 and Sept. 28.
- Southern Caribbean Medley (10 days) – For those looking for deeper exploration, guests can travel to beaches in the Southern Caribbean, including Princess Cays, St. Thomas, Dominica, Grenada, Bonaire and Curacao. Departures on April 11; Sept. 8 and Oct. 18.
- Panama Canal with Costa Rica (10 days) – Transiting the new Agua Clara Locks with a Panama Canal partial transit, including a day of scenic cruising through Gatun Lake, guests will also visit Grand Cayman, Cartagena, Colon, Costa Rica (Límon) and Falmouth (Jamaica). Sailings depart April 1, 21; Sept. 18; and Oct. 8.
Princess Cruises’ past guests are eligible for a special promotion when booking before Aug. 31, 2017. Captain’s Circle members booking a seven- to 10-day cruise will receive a savings of US$50 per person and those booking a 14- or 20-day cruise will save US$100 per guest (does apply to third and fourth berth guests).