Princess Unveils 2016 Europe Lineup
Princess Cruises has unveiled its 2016 cruise vacations to Europe featuring five ships sailing to more than 130 destinations from the corners of the Mediterranean to the northernmost tip of Europe.
Travellers can choose from itineraries ranging from three to 48 days and on ships ranging from the cruise line’s newest and largest Royal Princess and Regal Princess; to its deluxe Caribbean Princess and Emerald Princess; and its small ship, Pacific Princess, which will visit off-the-beaten path destinations never before visited by the line.
The 2016 season includes the cruise line’s return to the Canary Islands and many maiden ports of call for Princess in Croatia, Ireland, Norway and Scotland. All 2016 Europe cruises open for bookings on March 19.
Highlights of the Princess Cruises 2016 Europe program include:
- Royal Princess will sail on a variety of unique seven-, 14-, 21- and 28-day cruises from Barcelona, Rome and Athens. Mediterranean Medley 14-day sailings include destinations rich with ancient history including Rome, Athens and Naples. Collection voyages will sail the entire Mediterranean region visiting Spain, France, Italy, Tunisia, Malta, Greece and Turkey during 21-day immersive adventures. For the ultimate Mediterranean experience, 28-day Circle Mediterranean voyages will visit 20 destinations in seven countries with all cruises visiting Rome, Athens, Istanbul and the French Riviera.
Pacific Princess will offer a variety of 12-day voyages from Rome, Venice and Barcelona and feature a mix of marquee ports with off-the-beaten-path ports unreachable by larger ships.
For guests sailing from Britain, Emerald Princess will be based in London (Southampton) to offer two-week Mediterranean Adventurer sailings featuring such marquee ports as Florence, Rome and Dubrovnik. Emerald Princess will also sail to the Canary Islands on 11-day voyages, visiting four island destinations in the Canaries and Madeira and Vigo, Spain.
- Regal Princess returns to Northern Europe, for popular 11-day cruise vacations to Scandinavia & Russia featuring two full days in St. Petersburg, Russia. Joining her in the region, Emerald Princess will sail select 14-day cruises through the Baltic Sea.
- Caribbean Princess, the only cruise ship dedicated to the region for the entire summer season, will visit must-see destinations in the U.K., Ireland and Scotland, including two opportunities to see Scotland’s famed Edinburgh Military Tattoo on the grounds of Edinburgh Castle.
Small ship Pacific Princess will offer an all-new way to explore the British Isles on 14-day Irish Counties & Scottish Highlands voyages from London (Dover). The itinerary includes maiden port calls in Ullapool, Scotland and Galway, along the western coast of Ireland.
- Both Emerald Princess and Pacific Princess will offer North Cape voyages to the Arctic Circle during the peak midnight sun period around the summer solstice. Emerald Princess will also visit the spectacular Norwegian fjords, while Pacific Princess will feature a maiden call in Haugesund, Norway.
Pacific Princess will also offer 14-day Iceland & Norway itineraries visiting off-the-beaten path ports in Iceland and the Shetland Islands. It will also cross to the land of fire and ice on a Transatlantic crossing featuring Iceland.
- Guests can enhance their European travel with four land and sea vacation options, which combine certain sailings with a fully escorted land tour. Choices include Paris and the French Countryside; Ireland’s Ring of Kerry; Classic Italy, visiting popular sites in Venice, Florence and Rome; and the Imperial Treasures of Budapest, Vienna, Prague and Berlin.