Cruise Lines International Association has announced the opening of travel agent registration for CLIA Cruise Week, formerly known as National Cruise Vacation Week, to be held Oct. 6-13.
The annual promotion is the cruise industry’s largest and most successful cruise promotion with participation by thousands of agents and agencies across Canada and the US and CLIA’s cruise line members.
According to officials, CLIA Cruise Week transforms a critical sales period into a booking bonanza that means millions of dollars in cruise sales and commissions for the travel agent community.
To help make CLIA Cruise Week a success, CLIA has created a comprehensive marketing support program including:
- A dedicated CLIA Cruise Week website providing tools, tips and resources to help agents and agencies sell more cruises, including the ability to create a customized CLIA Cruise Week micro-site for clients;
- An exclusive “how to” e-guide with advice on hosting successful virtual or traditional CLIA Cruise Week sales events;
- A marketing “tool kit” including a CLIA Cruise Week logo for promotional purposes, a press release and flyer/e-mail templates, cruise line videos, and Facebook integration capabilities;
- Marketing, promotions, sales support (including collateral materials) and special offers, such as free upgrades, two-for-one pricing, onboard credits and other cruise deals from CLIA’s North America member cruise lines;
- A comprehensive and robust public relations, advertising and social media campaign;
- Prominent coverage in consumer media, print advertising, online and broadcast media.
“CLIA Cruise Week is the most powerful promotion in the travel industry dedicated to helping travel agents and agencies reach new and existing cruise customers with unprecedented value,” said CLIA president Christine Duffy. “This is a chance for our travel agent and agency partners to take their sales to the next level with support from CLIA and our member lines. The name says it all – CLIA Cruise Week is a singular promotion that’s all about cruising.”
The promotions available from CLIA member cruise lines during CLIA Cruise Week amount to thousands of dollars in special offers for every CLIA member agent or agency that registers for the program, as showcased in the examples below:
- Norwegian Cruise Line: 10% off their cruise fare in the form of onboard credits for specialty dining, shore excursions or spa treatments; plus $100 onboard credit per person for specialty sailings, and $300 in onboard credits on select itineraries.
- Carnival Cruise Lines: Great rates plus 50% reduced deposits, plus two category upgrade, plus $50 onboard credit per stateroom.
- Avalon River Cruises: a savings of $1,300 per couple for river cruises in Europe.
- Disney Cruise Line: $100 onboard credit on select seven-night Western Caribbean Cruises.
- Hurtigruten: 10% off current price levels on Norway Coastal Voyages on new 2014 and 2015 bookings.
- Royal Caribbean: a buy one guest, get second guest 50% off and 5% off the line’s ChoiceAir fare bookings.
- Cunard: Save up to $175 per stateroom onboard credit on any bookings made for Transatlantic Crossings aboard the luxurious flagship Queen Mary 2.
Participation in CLIA Cruise Week is free to CLIA member agents and agencies. Details for the promotion, as well as easily downloadable marketing support materials, are available at ccw.cruising.org.