Sandals Resorts International (SRI) is celebrating after receiving 12 awards at the 28th Annual Caribbean and North America World Travel Awards, during a virtual presentation ceremony on Oct. 18.
Special recognition was given to Sandals Resorts International as the Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand 2021 for the 28th consecutive year, as the resort company celebrates its 40th Anniversary and continues to pave the path of excellence and innovation in the travel industry.
Sandals Resorts International was recognized with 12 awards, including:
- Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand 2021: Sandals Resorts International
- Caribbean’s Leading All-Inclusive Family Resort 2021: Beaches Turks & Caicos
- Caribbean’s Leading Luxury All-Inclusive Resort 2021: Sandals Grenada
- Caribbean’s Leading Resort 2021: Sandals Royal Barbados
- Caribbean’s Leading Honeymoon Resort 2021: Sandals South Coast, Jamaica
- Caribbean’s Most Romantic Resort 2021: Sandals Grande Antigua
- Bahamas’ Leading All-Inclusive Resort 2021: Sandals Emerald Bay
- Grenada’s Leading Resort 2021: Sandals Grenada
- Jamaica’s Leading All-Inclusive Family Resort 2021: Beaches Negril
- Jamaica’s Leading Resort 2021: Sandals Montego Bay
- St Lucia’s Leading Resort 2021: Sandals Grande St. Lucian
- Caribbean’s Leading Adventure Tour Operator 2021: Island Routes Caribbean Adventures
Adam Stewart, Executive Chairman of Sandals Resorts International, said: “It is our great honour today for Sandals Resorts International to be recognized as this year’s recipient of the Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand.”
Stewart continued: “For four decades, we have held an unwavering commitment to hospitality excellence across the region.”
And he added that: “We will continue to live our promise to our customers, valued travel advisors and our communities, and we will keep exceeding expectations through our dedication to hard work and innovation.”
Sandals Resorts International’s sister company Island Routes Adventure Tours, was also recognized by the World Travel Awards, taking home the Caribbean’s Leading Adventure Tour Operator for the 9th year.
Ryan Terrier, Vice President of Operations, Island Routes, observed: “Even in these unprecedented times, it is an honor to be recognized for continuing to deliver exceptional and authentic destination experiences. We pride ourselves on this recognition and promise to continue delivering one-of-a-kind excursions and extraordinary service while always looking to raise the bar on our products and offerings,”