Skål International announced its Sustainable Tourism Awards winners during its virtual Annual General Assembly.
The Skål International Sustainable Tourism Awards were launched in 2002 and are geared towards enhancing the visibility and grant recognition to entities from the travel and tourism industry.
The organization extended its appreciation to Biosphere Tourism and the Responsible Tourism Institute for its continuous cooperation in the frame of these Awards for the third consecutive year. This year, they have exceptionally granted two Skål Biosphere Sustainable Lifestyle Special Awards instead of one.
Winners of the 2021 Skål International Sustainable Tourism Awards include:
- Community and Government Projects: Servicios Ecoturísticos El Jorullo, Mexico
- Countryside and Biodiversity: Chai Lai Orchid, Thailand
- Educational Programs and Media: Tourism Industry Aotearoa, New Zealand
- Major Tourist Attractions: The Cape Town International Convention Centre, South Africa
- Marine and Coastal: Six Senses Laamu, The Maldives
- Rural Accommodation: Sardegna Grand Hotel Terme, Italy
- Tour Operators and Travel Agents: City Sightseeing, South Africa
- Urban Accommodation: The Grand Hotel, Sri Lanka
And the winner of the 2021 Skål Biosphere Sustainable Lifestyle Special Award are:
- The Cape Town International Convention Centre, South Africa
- Chai Lai Orchid, Thailand