Few countries offer more cultural and geographic diversity than Indonesia and a great way to discover this destination by water with Star Clippers.
Star Clippers starts and ends its Indonesia sailing season with 14-night sailings between Singapore and Bali, and from May through October offers an assortment of seven-, 10- and 11-night sailings round trip from Bali covering East and West coast Indonesia.
Following are six great reasons why a Star Clippers sailing in the waters around Indonesia aboard a majestic tall ship is the ideal way to discover the colour, culture and diversity of this unique country.
- Go Island Hopping: On all of its Indonesian sailings, the Star Clipper visits multiple islands, ensuring guests a well-rounded view of this large and complex nation. Travellers can experience lively Java, the world’s most populous island and home to the capital city of Jakarta, as well as tiny, uninhabited Satonda, an island believed by locals to be sacred and surrounded by coral reefs ideal for snorkeling and diving. Star Clippers Indonesian sailings also visit Bali, Lombok, Komodo, Bangka, Giligenteng, Sumba, Sumbawa and Thousand Islands.
- Walk with Dragons: Star Clippers’ seven-nights’ Eastbound Bali, and the 10- and 11- nights sailings pay a visit to Komodo Island, home to the fierce and aptly named Komodo dragon – earth’s largest lizard, which can grow to a 10 feet in length. Guests can visit the national park, which was founded in 1980 with the aim of preserving this unique lizard and its habitat, and if they’re lucky, spot one of these creatures in its natural environment.
- Beach It: The beaches of Indonesia are as varied as its cultures. Located on Bali’s north shore, Lovina Beach is known for its dramatic black sand and calm seas that are ideal for swimming. On Komodo Island, Pink Beach, or Pantai Merah to the locals, is one of only seven pink sand beaches on the planet. The amazing colour here comes from microscopic animals called Foraminifera which leave a red pigment on the coral reefs.
- Get a Fresh Perspective: Indonesia’s varied topography, which ranges from densely forested volcanic mountains to shallow seas covering brightly colored coral reefs, is one of the many natural assets that draw visitors to its shores. Some of the best views of these incredible vistas can be had from the deck of a tall ship as it sails through the island chains.
- Explore More: Travellers yearning to extend their Indonesian getaway and further explore the island of Bali can add a pre- or post-cruise land tour package with Star Clippers. A four-day, three-night package at the Nusa Dua Beach Resort includes hotel, breakfast and lunches, a full day Spirit of Belimbing Tour and a full day Balinese Culinary Experience. A similar, but shorter, three-day, two-night package is also available.
- Book Now and Save: Guests booking select seven-, 10- and 11-night Indonesia sailings will receive an 65% off brochure rates, as well as 15% off cruise fares on consecutive sailings. This offer is good on a range of sailings from June through September with rates starting from $1,630 per person based on double occupancy.